When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to display headbadges???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
or maybe you just might need a cool way of keeping you badges till you find the rest of the bike.---lookin for a Mead(of liverpool that is)but I got the badge safe-ly resting in my display till I find the rest of the bike!

If I were a collector of bicycle badges (a subset of this hobby) and I lived in a small apartment as Untitled has mentioned as to how he resides, my challenge would be how to enjoy the hobby; procuring, displaying, storing, and maintaining my treasures without being overwhelmed with the abundance of complete bicycle frames? So hell yeah, I would pay big dollars for an H-D badge if it were to advance my compact collection.

Personally, I don't see the aesthetic appeal of the Harley bike itself...to me it's just a standard Teen frame very common for that era. And since Harley Davison never produced the bike, I don't understand all of the hoopla? Wasn't it the Davis Sewing Machine company that manufactured the bike and badged them for the H-D dealer network?

So my answer to your question is, no I wouldn't attempt to restore a Davis bicycle if it wasn't originally H-D badged :)

F.S., I hope you know I'm not upset with you, It's just that I hate to think that there are folks that buy bicycles just for their badges, then leave the poor cycle a nameless shell of it's former self. ...sigh! :(

The concern over a badge not mated to the bicycle it belongs on is rather silly. There have been many bikes that have been destroyed over the years, and no...not by just one collector, but by the many years they were out in the world being ridden and maybe left out in inclement weather. I may be wrong, but isn't THAT how they get their patina? Saving these badges is a look into the history of bicycling, and at least we can see them in a collection all in one place other than spotting them in a scrap heap somewhere.

If the steel has eroded and cannot be saves, at least the badge can be (for the most part). I am not against someone restoring the badges either. Bring them back to life as they were intended to be. Show them off they way the manufacturers wanted them to be seen. Shine 'em up and put them on display. Honestly, it pains me to see all the work some folks put into restoration of a frame and wheel set only to leave the badge out of the equation!

Why do people do that...to show it's age? In my opinion, I'd rather see a badge the way it was meant to look other than the way it ended up looking. It's the icing on the cake.

Mr D.

I was thinking that for foreign badges, maybe fastening somehow to a European tourism-type bridge; and then maybe some tourists would take pictures or selfies; and then more badges might just show up.

I still have the same answer I gave in 2011,I would get some PVC plastic pipe of the right size and cut the pipe to a certain length and paint it,and put the headbadges on then mount the lengths in a display box

I'm utilizing small "Neodymium" magnets glued unto whatever it is I want to stick where, as these type magnets are hella powerful, hence, using my all time favorite E6000 glue to mate head tube badge & magnet, etc.
I enjoy my shop fridge daily, especially the badges & bottle caps.
Ride On~
IMG_1341.jpg
P1010486.jpg
IMG_1342.jpg
P1010832.jpg

Last edited:
Display them any way you wish. No big deal. Use your imagination. Main thing is: obtaining them. Bike swaps are the best place and is where I've scored some nice ones. When I see unattended bikes for sale, or the owner busy haggling over a price with someone, I whip out my handy screw driver and "POP!' . . . . another primo badge added to my collection. If I have a bike at home, I'll take my time. I carefully disassemble the whole bike, to part out on Ebay. Usually I'll hack off the head tube and stick it in a vise. [ makes it easier to work on] Then, simply pry off with a flat blade screwdriver.

I always "flatten" my badges too. Just step on them.

Display them any way you wish. No big deal. Use your imagination. Main thing is: obtaining them. Bike swaps are the best place and is where I've scored some nice ones. When I see unattended bikes for sale, or the owner busy haggling over a price with someone, I whip out my handy screw driver and "POP!' . . . . another primo badge added to my collection. If I have a bike at home, I'll take my time. I carefully disassemble the whole bike, to part out on Ebay. Usually I'll hack off the head tube and stick it in a vise. [ makes it easier to work on] Then, simply pry off with a flat blade screwdriver. View attachment 1522052

View attachment 1522053

View attachment 1522054

View attachment 1522055

View attachment 1522056
I always "flatten" my badges too. Just step on them.
They Must Be Destroyed!

Back