When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to keep chrome from rusting again after being polished?

-
Wax it with a good paste wax.
Thank you, that is my last step in the polishing process. The bikes that are really never taken out look new it’s the riders where the rust comes back in a matter of weeks.

Brother Dogtown:
If you're trying to make us feel sorry for you because you live near the beach, it ain't workin'!
Have fun!
Brother Andy, not my intentions at all more about the environment/conditions/salinity the bikes are ridden in. Grew up here got blame my parents.

Move to Kansas

Pretty sure the Tink was being a little facetious. Like GT said a good paste wax. I actually prefer Johnsons but pretty much anything will work. V/r Shawn
Pretty sure the Tink was being a little facetious. Like GT said a good paste wax. I actually prefer Johnsons but pretty much anything will work. V/r Shawn

Thank you Shawn your advice is always appreciated have you ever tried a product like Dry Coat etc. that claims to prevent rust from coming back.

Back