When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how to lock rear seat shock springs on Sting Ray Krate

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

chiefyo

'Lil Knee Scuffer
This has kind of been asked before but I wasn't satisfied with the answers.
I'm 5'11" and 190lbs. The original sissy bar strut shock springs are very worn and don't even push the seat all the way back up when I get off the bike.
I've seen some heavier duty replacement springs for $25 off eBay but that seems a lot for a couple of springs and I'm worried they will still be too cushy. What I'd really like is to just lock the shock system all together so it doesn't compress at all, or very little at least. I want to keep the look and originality of the shocks. I thought of clamping a rubber pipe fittings around the smaller diameter bars right on top of the plastic cap. I don't want to put too much pressure and break the caps. Any ideas???? I've read someone put a section of garden hose instead of the springs!?!?

This has kind of been asked before but I wasn't satisfied with the answers.
I'm 5'11" and 190lbs. The original sissy bar strut shock springs are very worn and don't even push the seat all the way back up when I get off the bike.
I've seen some heavier duty replacement springs for $25 off eBay but that seems a lot for a couple of springs and I'm worried they will still be too cushy. What I'd really like is to just lock the shock system all together so it doesn't compress at all, or very little at least. I want to keep the look and originality of the shocks. I thought of clamping a rubber pipe fittings around the smaller diameter bars right on top of the plastic cap. I don't want to put too much pressure and break the caps. Any ideas???? I've read someone put a section of garden hose instead of the springs!?!?
Just a thought. What about an inch or two of nylon washers as additional spacers to preload the spring?

Im 6 ft 220 lbs. On my rider I did install the $25 springs and also retained the stock washer while also using the washer that came with the kit. Its not perfect but a huge difference. Well worth the money.

Pre-loading the spring helps a lot. I've drilled and moved the top roll pin down 1/2 to 1" on the sissybar to accomplish this with good results. Or, you can do as Chiefyo suggested by adding washers.

Back