When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to negotiate?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Funny thing about the "american Pickers" thing..about 5 years ago or so I picked up this bicycle(tricycle to be correct)the guy said he emailed them about it and never heard back from them..YAY for ME!!:sunglasses:
rexcycle.jpg

Phantom is right, you offer a price that you deem is fair and if they don't accept it then that's the end. Maybe negotiate a little but if people are sky high then that's it. 200 is cheap though. All original sks can get into the 1000s if in good shape .

A lot of times it depends on what your goal is. Are you buying to restore, enjoy or flip? I’ve paid more for bikes that I enjoy. All you can do is educate the seller on recent sales and market conditions and hopefully come to an agreement on price.

Last edited:
Phantom is right, you offer a price that you deem is fair and if they don't accept it then that's the end. Maybe negotiate a little but if people are sky high then that's it. 200 is cheap though. All original sks can get into the 1000s if in good shape .

I’m hedging my bet that they want quick cash and instant gratification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These have all been ‘make an offer’ type deals without a price listed. My takeaway with these: get a feeler for how much they want and how much they know about the bike. As soon as she said her husband thinks it’s worth a ton red flags went up. I just hope it goes to someone who would have put as much work and pride into a resto as I would have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back