When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to negotiate?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Buy what you like.

1%20shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2_zpsj2di8w9r.jpg

In person I’m assuming? Most of mine is online due to dad duty. With two toddlers it’s nearly impossible to just take off for an afternoon. A trip to Target is a luxury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yes. Definatly in person. thats the best way to deal.

I agree with all the above (for the most part) but you might be going about it in the wrong way. Do a little more networking, talk with people in your area.
Then beat the bushes, see what people have to sell. Check the junkyards, flea markets, antique shops,everywhere---tell them what you`re looking for. Talk to the country people- "I like old bikes"---maybe that will get you into their barns. Then, don`t offer "pocket change"---be fair...Find out what his price is, respectfully. You could get lucky and find a treasure-- but most likely for $200, you`re gonna have to start out with a lower priced antique bike and build your way up like the rest of us have. If the guy gives you a price--buy it or walk away--but tell him Thanks for letting you look...If its missing parts- don`t start "picking it apart" to lower the price---that will get you run off... Good Luck and God Bless,---Cowboy

If you low ball a seller it is an insult to the seller at times.Have an idea what the real value of the bike is.If the seller is close try to negotiate some but dont offer insulting offers.Everyone likes a deal but I have had guys try to get the bike for garage sale prices.At that point I shut them down.One person got me ticked off and I refused to sell him a bike even when he decided to pay my price.lol

If you low ball a seller it is an insult to the seller at times.Have an idea what the real value of the bike is.If the seller is close try to negotiate some but dont offer insulting offers.Everyone likes a deal but I have had guys try to get the bike for garage sale prices.At that point I shut them down.One person got me ticked off and I refused to sell him a bike even when he decided to pay my price.lol

Geez, I thought $750 for that 41 royal brownie was a solid offer. :D

I pick a lot of bikes and items here in the mid west! When with them, take in the whole area, not just what your after. Get them talking about the general things. Slowly steering them toward what you want thru the general conversation. Doing this, you can usually tell alot about them and their habits. Things like if they watch to much TV, or they have an Uncle Benny that thinks he's an expert on life and pricing old stuff, and of course, the dreaded "I looked on Ebay" line! MOST IMPORTANT!! get them to price it!!!! usually in a real deal, picking situation, the one who throws out the first number looses, this will tell you where they are at. This also helps you avoid an accidental low ball offer, and sometimes nets you a killer deal!!! The only times I've really gotten involved with offering to low, is when the bike is hanging. In a lot of the barns these old boys tend to hang everything sky high!! Never offer near your top dollar till you can see the whole bike or item. It can look good from the sides and bottom, but have real issues (paint ect.) on the ground. You can always go up! But can not normally go down.

Just my 2 cents!

Last edited:
Back