When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to not buy a item your intersted in on E-bay.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MarkKBike

Finally riding a big boys bike
I had a vintage item listed for a great price. A potential buyer contacted me and asked for additional photos, which I eagerly provided.

The response was "Thankyou, it all looks good."

Next they sent me a message that stated "Before purchase and shipment, please take it apart so it does not get damaged in shipping. I have purchased similar items in the past, and they had to be returned to the seller because they did not follow my instructions"

I replied, "This is a antique item, and it is one peice cast from pewter, it does not come apart and I package items very carfully and also ship with insurance.

The responce back was, "I do not purchase Items hoping to get a insurance claim, I want them to arive in one peice, please examine more closely and take it apart. I will offer you this much $'s, let me know if you accept my offer."

My reponce was nothing after this point. My thought process is this buyer was going to be a problem. and was already told it was a one peice item. and I was told dirrectly from them they had other problems in the past.

A day later I get another message asking if I accept there offer?

Again I ignored the message. The bridge was already burned. I thought about blocking them, but did not.

Just about all my listings are set up to not accept offers, but sometimes I do. I probably would have even accepted this guys offer if he did not tell me had problems in the past, and asked me to double check.

I have also maintained a 100% feedback rating for several years, so this guy gave me concern right off the bat. To be honest I was hoping he would not buy it.

In person I would have been more freindly and answered the additional questions, but on e-bay you sometimes have to be cautious as a seller when things dont feel right. I'm also 100% sure it is a one peice item like stated in the original reply.

Last edited:
As a seller of used items it sucks, because 99% of the poulation will accept small defects in a used item that is explained in the listing, but on the other hand there is a small percentage that wants to buy a used item, and expects it to be perfect. Whenever questions are asked I always exaggerate the defects to eliminate these perfectionists.

I have been selling alot of used high qaulity cd's. (I package them in bulk per artist) and whenever anyone asks, I tell them they are used and full of scratches, but still play fine, even though I may not see a single scratch, and don't buy them if I see any.

So far the actual buyers have left me positive reviews, and the question people have been purpously filtered out from purchasing them in the first place.

Whenever someone asks questions in a online un-seen purchase. I always go into anti-salesman mode and exaggerate the faults to dicourage them.

Last edited:
This guy will be a problem. If it were me my hard earned experience with people like this tells me you should block him. I didn't listen to my own advice and got my first neg in over 20 years last year. I told the guy I had no idea if they (headphones) work, I have no way to test them. Told him if he knew a way to test tell me and I will. He buys them and 20 minutes after they are delivered he leaves a neg that I am "sneaky" ebay would do nothing. Said that was his opinion. Then blew me away with the comment "we don't like 100% sellers, they don't look real to buyers"

Don't let him/them buy from you.
it'll be a problem if there is any issue....
then they will get the item for free........

21768037_153829875206258_6231386702277605346_n.jpg

To tell you the truth, lots of my buyers ask questions,. Thats okay with me. Sometimes you get a chill in the questions asked, and other times they are legitmate questions that need to be answerered. Its easy to tell the difference,, and when I do miss someting I post the potential buyers question with my answer in the listing.

As a buyer I used to try and get stuff for cheap. and would sometimes take a gamble in asking a question I knew could drive up the price.

Sometimes a buyer asks me a question that I know could also drive up the price or deirabilty.

As a example, a potential buyer asked me about a some scribble on a cd cover, It's something I missed. After research it ended being a person who wrote the song. This information was added to my listing. With a warning that I did not have the signature authenticated.

Last edited:
If anyone here is a Aerosnith fan, and wants a cd signed by Mark Hudson (Not Certified, but who would fake that?), I could point you towards the listing via pm,, its still available). its listed within a grouo of Aerosmith cds. And if you want just this one you cold sell the rest band re-coup your expense.

It was picked up at goodwill for 1$ , and I'm not trying to make a killing. just a few bucks for a lunch , as its not certified.

"With Aerosmith Mark Hudson co-wrote the Grammy award-winning Aerosmith hit "Livin' on the Edge" in 1993, and has since co-written a total of 12 Aerosmith songs. He co-produced their 2001 album Just Push Play, co-writing six of the album's twelve songs. Hudson, along with Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and Marti Frederiksen, make up what has become known as the "Boneyard Boys", the informal collective of songwriters, musicians and producers responsible for Aerosmith's creative process."

When selling cd's I'm not interested is one to two dollar profits, so I group the cd's together per artist so I could make 5-10$ at a time. It's not big bucks, but if I don't find any thing else on my visits, it helps pay for the trip.

If nothing else, I can usually come home with a few cd's, and intersting books, but not always.

Last edited:
Back