When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to remove JC Higgins head badge

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I use a 5/8" punch for the first step until it's flush with the inside of the head tube...then the precision work happens with a cotter pin extractor. Rivet heads appear undisturbed afterwards.

I beg pardon from the Grand Council of Cabers for Post #2. Not being familiar with this type of head badge rivets, I assumed they were a regular rivet. I stand corrected.

dont jump.jpeg

I usually take the fork out and with the bike secure in a stand I knock the protruding part of the rivet off with a screwdriver or a punch...[from the inside]....and then hopefuuly You can wiggle the rivets out with a small pair of pliers......I have actually re used the rivets in a couple of cases.....Good Luck!!!

I usually take the fork out and with the bike secure in a stand I knock the protruding part of the rivet off with a screwdriver or a punch...[from the inside]....and then hopefuuly You can wiggle the rivets out with a small pair of pliers......I have actually re used the rivets in a couple of cases.....Good Luck!!!
I would think that would deform the end of the rivet and make near impossible to remove without damaging the badge.

Back