When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to remove JC Higgins head badge

-
I use a 5/8" punch for the first step until it's flush with the inside of the head tube...then the precision work happens with a cotter pin extractor. Rivet heads appear undisturbed afterwards.

I beg pardon from the Grand Council of Cabers for Post #2. Not being familiar with this type of head badge rivets, I assumed they were a regular rivet. I stand corrected.

dont jump.jpeg

I usually take the fork out and with the bike secure in a stand I knock the protruding part of the rivet off with a screwdriver or a punch...[from the inside]....and then hopefuuly You can wiggle the rivets out with a small pair of pliers......I have actually re used the rivets in a couple of cases.....Good Luck!!!

I usually take the fork out and with the bike secure in a stand I knock the protruding part of the rivet off with a screwdriver or a punch...[from the inside]....and then hopefuuly You can wiggle the rivets out with a small pair of pliers......I have actually re used the rivets in a couple of cases.....Good Luck!!!
I would think that would deform the end of the rivet and make near impossible to remove without damaging the badge.

Back