When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to save old torn seats

-

Rust rider

Look Ma, No Hands!
Have had a few old motorbikes with seat covers falling off.I didn’t want to replace the old leather covers because they looked right on an old barn find.I have reattached them and filled in the missing sections with a product called shoe goo.This product was made to repair worn out sneaker soles.it dries quickly and can be sanded into the correct shape. When dry it has a soft rubber shape that turned grey /brown after sanding. Soft to ride on and durable, have done many 50 mile rides on it.best of all it looks like an original saddle worn down

F4CCEDA5-4213-453D-B042-EFE637662FC9.jpeg

C4D76036-A6DC-4D9C-9276-9D76EFB53564.jpeg

Interesting. Thanks for the advice. I wonder if the glue could have dye added to it to make it match different color seats.

Interesting. Thanks for the advice. I wonder if the glue could have dye added to it to make it match different color seats.
Haven’t tried it but everyone who sees it thinks that’s what’s left when leather wears away.Really easy to shape. Without sanding it dries clear.The restored seats look great but i Think this looks better on an old rust bucket like mine.

Back