When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How to stop springer squeek?

-

Tikibar

Finally riding a big boys bike
I love my '51 Panther with the springer fork, but it squeeks!

I've tried adjusting the springer parts and spraying silicon lube (silicon to protect the rubber bumper).

What else can I do to stop the squeek???

I would imagine if the rubber bumper is original, it could have hardened up and maybe replacing it might help.
Or you could try removing the pivot bolt and apply a light coat of grease. Clean it up first if it's rusty.
Can't think of anything else that would cause it to squeak.
If all else fails, buy my Panther and sell yours! Lol

Thanks!
The rubber bumper is new and the entire springer is completely rebuilt. I'll try lubing the pivot bolt, hopefully that's it.

The squeek seems to be in relation to the spring. Drives me crazy. Maybe it's telling me to go on a diet. I'll never be the 90 pound kid this was designed for :) Maybe switching to a stiffer whizzed spring would help.

I had a squeak on a springer that was about to drive me nuts, turned out to be on the ends of the spring (where each end contacts the mount) was causing the problem.

I would suggest taking it all apart, then assemble it using grease on every single metal to metal or thread to nut or any part to part contact surface. Also check your spoke tension & grease your axle & nuts at the fork dropout,

Back