When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Howdy!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
P

Pinche

New to the site and older bikes in general. I've been into bikes my whole life but never got into the older stuff until recently. It first started out with with some 70's cruiser stuff I found for cheap...Columbia, AMF. They're basically just bare frames now waiting to be born again when I decide what to do with them. In the meantime, I picked up a bike for my wife originally and the guy had a Firestone frame and fork that I fell in love with. So forty dollars poorer in my wallet and I came home with a 53 Schwinn for my wife and a hacked up Firestone frame. For some reason the previous owner of the Firestone cut the right side chainstay to get the chain off.
P1140282.gif

So I sparked up my trusty MIG and got her back in business.
P1140479.gif

Then I recently traded an unknown preballon tire wood rimmed bike for something more ride able and restorable. I won't talk your ear off too much and pictures speak louder then words.
The wifes bike. Now it's got baskets on front and back.
P1140257.gif

The Firestone Challenger board track racer(if anyone knows a general idea of when I was made chime in please) It's a hodge podge of Schwinn stuff like the grips, bars, stem, fork truss rods, wheels I picked up at a local swap meet. It's ridden everyday hauling my son around in our trailer.
P1150529-1.jpg

vbulletin

P1150531-1.jpg

Picked this up in a trade recently. The guy said it was a 39 JC Higgins but I'm thinking maybe a Monark? Like I said, I'm still new. No badge and it was given just a simple rattle can paint job. I've got a chainguard but not sure if it goes with it.
P1150534.gif

P1150532.gif

P1150535.gif

what it was traded for
P1140276.gif

P1140275.gif

It was a little more then I was looking to get into for restoring.
P1150536.gif

P1150537.gif

P1150538.gif

Persons seat I restored that was pretty trashed. It's for my Mach 5 project I'm building with the white bike above.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's neither. It's a '39/40 Cleveland Welding "3 gill" frame. If the holes in the head tube are vertical, it was probably badged as a Roadmaster, or possibly Western Flyer. If they are horizontal, it was probably Montgomery Wards Hawthorne. The frame and maybe the fork are probably the only original parts. Everything else are later, more "modern" parts, probably added to complete it as a rider, rather than restoring the original stuff. Still a cool new/old ride though!

I don't know what chainguard you were given, but I have the correct one for that bike if you're interested. Post a picture of the one you were given and I/we will let you know if it's correct for that frame..

The badge pins are vertical on the headtube. It's not a big deal as most of the stuff will be changed anyways for my plans. Just wondering what it might be. It'll still stay white but ditching the Kenda whitewalls for some 26x1.75 Wards Riverside Supremes tires I have. I would like to find a tank that fits it though and the correct kickstand.

Yeah, thats not right. Here's what you need:

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 30
The correct stand, if you want to use the rear drop stand, can be found at Memory Lane. You need the one without 'ears', since you frame already has them. You also need 2 shoulder bolts and nuts. Lastly, you need a rear fender clip, including 2 fender rivits to hold it. It should all be about $55 or so plus shipping from them. It's about the best total price for everything you need that you'll find out there.

Thanks Antony for the heads up. It's got the two vertical holes at the rear of the fender for the clip I noticed. Do you have any pictures of what it should of originally looked like by chance?

Back