When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Howie Cohen's website

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I see Larkin posting up an awful lot of TOC literature on Ebay. Did you get the jump or is this material from elsewhere? V/r Shawn

Up and running again?

Was searching web a few minutes ago and linked to the site. Appears to be working.

It all started while I was searching for local vintage bicycle help a few years ago while researching my dad's Whizzer project. I came across Howie's site and was stunned to see that he was in Lafayette. I reached out and Howie returned the email. Our back and forth exposed that he lived less than a mile from me - even walked his dog in the park in my neighborhood.

I had no idea who I had just met. But we talked at length about my bike, and his connection to the industry starting with his father's California bike shop to his experience. We exchanged emails weekly and walked our dogs at least once a week together. I got a new job and didn't follow up. Fast forward to now, I have my bike together, and promised to tell Howie to stop by to see the progress. I was stunned to see he had passed 9 months ago.

I did some searching and found this amazing tribute to his life.

Just wow! I'm glad to see others on this forum knew of Howie. Anyone else have stories to tell?

I

Just wow! I'm glad to see others on this forum knew of Howie. Anyone else have stories to tell?

Man, I communicated with Howie once or twice a year for the past 3 years. I only recently learned of his passing too. I had a very busy 2013 otherwise I likely would have known something was amiss sooner. My last email to him in October went without immediate reply and I should have known something was wrong. I ended up in the hospital, putting out fires at the business etc. and didn't notice.

From the first time I communicated with Howie he was incredibly helpful. I had inquired about some Japanese history and had brain overload from the first phone call... He was very open with his knowledge and had extended an invitation more than once to visit him and the collection. Sadly, that will not happen. He was also still a great business man. I was only interested in and bought one type of item from him of which there is still a large collection there. Perhaps he only let it go little by little thinking I wouldn't call or email back if I had it all. Of course that wouldn't have been the case...

I hope the estate is well cared for and properly liquidated. I can imagine his wife may have a very difficult time letting it go. And the family must be overwhelmed with the sheet quantity of items. They say you should wait at least a year before you start doing anything.

The site has been down for a few weeks now and I'm guessing it's for good this time. I read somewhere that the auction will happen sometime in 2015. Anyone have any info ?

The site is up and running at this moment. A fantastic collection and an amazing man. Sorry to loose a friend like Howie but I'm glad to see Copake charged with the job of distributing his collection. It should be a great auction.

Back