When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hp snyder 5 bar or twin bar?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Harley Mclemore

Finally riding a big boys bike
im posting this ad because im getting mixed information about what i have. first i was told its a monark 5 bar then a member on here told me its a hp snyder built twin bar. others have called it a zep bike. so i figured i would post pics and see if i could get more answers. Im looking for what exact year it is and the value of it as is in the pics and the value/cost of restoration. i would also like to know how rare it is or if it is even rare. I have a couple people wanting to give me $225 for the whole bike and others telling me its worth thousands. i know it has 5 bars and says hawthorne on the badge. im also loving the way it looks as is and wanting to keep it possibly. please email any answers to harley mclemore. [email protected].

Attachments

• IMAG0338-1.jpg
    IMAG0338-1.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 20131123_134950.jpg
    20131123_134950.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 20131123_134920.jpg
    20131123_134920.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 124
  • 20131123_142146.jpg
    20131123_142146.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 119
  • 20131123_134849.jpg
    20131123_134849.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 112
Looks like a 39 Hp Snyder built 5 bar. The Monark 5 bar has a pie crust chain guard and different chainring and were offered in 1938.

so would you say around 6-800 as it sits in the pictures? just trying to get an idea of value before i sell it or restore it. i really like it and apparently so do others as ive had lots of interest shown in it. i normally do 1950 and up schwinn cruisers so having this is like having a lamborghini. dont know what to do with it either stare at it or fix and ride lol.

Last edited:
All the Monark frames had the double bars which passed under the bottom bracket. Your frame has the twin bars that run into the BB which denotes a Snyder build. It is not the '39 Zep frame. It is quite the rare frame; less common than the Monark, but it is also quite crusty, which hurts. It's relatively complete with the rare aluminum truss rods, but missing light and incorrect rack. I don't know much about value on these bikes as they don't come up often, but around 600$+ doesn't seem out of the question. It'll be hard to get that on a craigslisting, but on ebay or here, you could pull that off.

Hopefully that puts you in the right direction.

im a noobie when it comes to new departure anything. i know they are sought after but this is my first bike to have one. is wd a model number or something?

Back