When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hub lamp for ordinary

-
I recall seeing an English highwheel where the bearing boxes can only go on one way. Another words one oil cap will be facing the front of the bike and the other is facing the rear. The English for some weird reason were master machinists but very bizarre engineers.

Oil holes in bearing cages to the rear, when oiling the bearing cage , grasp the perch and the wheel, and roll machine forward , that puts the oil hole at 12:00, and you can put oil in the cage , I do not make this stuff up , I inherited the library from the schwinn museum , I have spent over 20 years reading , little helpful hints , in the same book was drawings of the proper way to carry your ordinary , if you are going up steps or some other thing that requires handling .if you look at the 1st photo of the bike with the hub lamp, you can see the lube hole , and it has a small spring steel cover , on this Rudge shown the cover is missing at least part of it is missing , you can see that it was pushed to the side in the 70s Lowell Kennedy would charge about 50.00 for the oil hole clips to be remanufactured.. yes I know I am a punctuation and sentence structure nightmare , I lived 66 years so far ,. Love it or leave it ,

Last edited:
Back