When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hubs that can handle the torture/// new school

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

whizzer kid

I live for the CABE
So I’ve had a whizzer for about 20yrs. Every year I take the wheels apart repack true ect. And i don’t mind it . It’s like riding my old HD pan you need to go threw it make sure it’s all tight and everything .
My rear one it sure beats up these old hubs and the breaks never last like I’d like. I normally ride my whizzer very aggressive . It’s an new version and rolls out very fast . So needless to say I’ve replaced hubs and wheels a lot over the years .
-
My question is does anyone run a sealed bearing hub , that they can recommend that can be laced with 120g . Prefer a drum break vs. old coaster version. And I’d rather not do a disc if I can .
Heard of some SA hubs that are
New that might work but figured I’d ask
Here.

C9AD977E-1F0E-498E-81D7-393EFED19F5A.jpeg

It is not original but it works very well. It is a 1974 vintage Shimano disc brake. On the front it works very well to slow these things down.

fullsizeoutput_4e6b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4e6c.jpeg

61731896968__AFF04A7B-FEFB-496E-8282-361FC415BDEE.JPG

What are you guys hitting top speed wise on these? My dad's NE5 will do 50mph maybe more but that's all the speedo it has & it's on 26x1.75 mtn knobbies :rolleyes: . It stops decent but I ask because I have plans to do a 110cc pit bike 4spd semi auto a little built with bolt ons on 11g Lobdell style 26x3" mounted to a Nirve Switchblade; the brakes will need to be stout & last as I intend to see 50-60mph frequently or at minimum

On the brake caliper plastic cover? No that is just a cover to protect the adjustable components inside.
Yep. Thought maybe it was some sort of knob to adjust something; maybe the caliper clearance for more/less bite. Thank you for teaching me something Schwinn

Back