When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman 39 Firestone Flying Ace truss question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I was fortunate to find a bike that had the wrong wheels, seat & bars. Everything else was there under a thick, brushed on, barn red paint. I may still have a tracing of the truss rods I made for @New Mexico Brant when he was looking. Let me check & I'll get back to you.
O that would be awesome! ....a solid close picture of the truss rod bracket would be awesome too! I know I can make it no issue...

The trussrods that Huffman used, were very similar to the ones that Westfield/Columbia was using.
The biggest cosmetic difference was the slight bend down at the axle, which can be easily done on a Westfield/Columbia set.
The trussrod bolts that Huffman used were the self tapping type, that can still be sourced from automotive hardware stores.
So, not that hard to come by, with a few modifications.
These are available on eBay as we speak.

Maybe not the condition you’re looking for, but it just goes to show, that they are not that hard to find.

The trussrods that Huffman used, were very similar to the ones that Westfield/Columbia was using.
The biggest cosmetic difference was the slight bend down at the axle, which can be easily done on a Westfield/Columbia set.
The trussrod bolts that Huffman used were the self tapping type, that can still be sourced from automotive hardware stores.
View attachment 1682289
Maybe not the condition you’re looking for, but it just goes to show, that they are not that hard to find.
@ MARTY== CYCLINGDAY

Really Nice When SOMEONE.. "THIS CASE" YOU SIR.!! TRY HELPS,

ANOTHER CABERS. & NOT CRITICIZE.!!!

JUST HELPS.! BRAVO. MAN BRAVO.!!!!!

ESO VALE... ✌️ 🤝 ✌️

View attachment 1682289
Thanks for the heads up man! I will start the hunt this weekend...the fork is a tad up there for just needing the parts BUT it gives me a good idea of what i need and can hunt for!

Once you find a suitable set of truss rods, a good way to apply the slight radius down by the axle on a Huffman type trussrod, is by lightly clamping the trussrod in a vise, with a seatpost in between, to provide the radius, then gently pull the trussrod in the direction of the seatpost, and walla!
You’ve just made a Huffman trussrod.
It doesn’t take much force, so don’t get too crazy with it.
You don’t want to kink it.
Just a slight bend will do.

Once you find a suitable set of truss rods, a good way to apply the slight radius down by the axle on a Huffman type trussrod, is by lightly clamping the trussrod in a vise, with a seatpost in between, to provide the radius, then gently pull the trussrod in the direction of the seatpost, and walla!
You’ve just made a Huffman trussrod.
It doesn’t take much force, so don’t get too crazy with it.
You don’t want to kink it.
Just a slight bend will do.
I think after this weekend of thinking on it and some really killer pictures from @Mr. Monkeyarms I am fairly confident I can either find the bracket or make one and then at least figure something out with the truss rods. I do appreciate all the help....Im looking forward to being able to knock off another piece on the list.

Back