When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Dayton Big Lit Tank Information Wanted

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Memorabilly

Finally riding a big boys bike
What years were the Huffman Dayton Big Lit Tank bikes produced. Also what were the paint options for the 1940 model year.

Thanks,
Bill (Memorabilly) from PA

Most of the popular color choices of the time were available.
Typically a two tone with complementary pin stripes.
Lately, there’s been a few bikes and parts show up, in Maroon and Teal Green.
That’s a nice combination.
Also, the Two Tone Red is very nice looking.
There’s a color chart floating around, but it’s from 1941.
It may not be exactly what was offered in 1940, but it’ll give you an idea as to what Huffman Mfg. was doing at the time.

Last edited:
The maroon/green bikes are typically Firestone branded bikes as well as the silver/red combo. The color combos called out for the Champion line in 1940 are: tropical red/nile blue cream pin, dawn blue/red cream pin, Buick blue/ivory red pin, light green/dark green red pin, dawn blue/navy blue cream pin, and Cadillac maroon/white green pin. I believe Dayton also had a maroon (Dayton carmine)/black cream pin as well for '40 which is called out in the '41 lit. A pic of the bike and serial number may narrow this down e.g. Firestone. V/r Shawn

Wiz, Thanks for your reply, I was aware of the Two Tone Red and also the Maroon and Teal Green both of which are nice combinations but am curious as to other options. I see the CABE offers the color chart for 1941 I should order one just in case the colors are the same.

Thanks Again, Bill

Shawn, I appreciate this information. I'll check out the '41 literature for sure. That Carmine /Black combination with cream pin striping sounds interesting.
Thanks, Bill

Back