When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Dayton Champion Mainliner Owners Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

37fleetwood

Riding a '37 Fleetwood
HI, recently there has been a few bikes popping up, and a few people starting into their restorations. I propose this thread as a place to discuss ideas as to what is correct and what not correct. also a place to share photos and knowledge on these bikes.
Everyone with info please share, and please be respectful and non confrontational in your criticisms and corrections. the goal here is to learn and spread correct information about these rare and beautiful bikes. I'll share what info I have but want to make clear, I'm probably not the most knowledgeable about these bikes. there is still a lot to learn for most of us.
Thanks.

Some of the Catalogs

First year, 1939:

I know these aren't the years everyone is interested in but I thought I would add them
Dayton Model D-11 (Pre- Mainliner?)
xp4ygl-1.jpg

Huffman Champion
x2nlgw-1.jpg

I have no arguments with the Mainliner shown. Wow,

that is one beautiful bicycle.....!

That's because yours is only a Top Flite, and not a real Champion! Just Kidding, I suppose I should have made the thread for all of the "Big Tank" Huffmans.
Top Flytes and any other Big Tank Huffmans welcome!

Hopefully Airflytes are allowed on this thread? I dipped my toes into Huffman waters for the first time last weekend with this Copake sheep field find and would appreciate a little guidance. I've given it a WD40 shower for the surface rust and will clean gently and provide better pics and serial number when I get a chance. I'm not a restoration guy - just preservation. Could you please tell me what headlight and dropstand would be correct so I get it right? Looks like maybe late 30s?
Thanks in advance for tolerating my rookie questions.
Dean

1.jpg
2.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
IMG_1635.jpg

Back