When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Dayton Champion Mainliner Owners Thread

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Dean,

it' not like a pair of chrome dropcenter wheels with ND hubs are hard to find and I personally think your bike looks smurftactular with the painted wheelset.

Chris

Beautiful! I was wondering how well it would clean up, and thats always the fun part! Rims look great......did you clean the Huffman decal at all? I picked up a girls with the long 'Huffman' decal and its pretty grungy, gently cleaned on it but its pretty scary as I dont want to damage it any more than it already is........again thats a killer bike!:)

I was afraid to do anything to hurt the decals so just sprayed with WD40 and wiped with a soft cloth. They're a little scratched up but still there.

IMG_1635.jpg
7.jpg
IMG_1876.jpg
IMG_1871.jpg

The bike looks great! Nice job on the cleanup. I wouldn't mind being it's next caretaker. The only way you will get critcized at a Cyclone Coaster ride is if you are riding a Schwinn with the wrong parts. Lots of Schwinn guys down there that are extremely knowledgeable on Schwinns.

Good to know - remind me never to be a critic!

OK,Dean,
I've talked to the Huffman Grand Council, and we've decided that you must make it out to a Coaster ride. if you do not fulfill this obligation we are determined to confiscate your bike, and of course being the president of the Huffman Rescue Society it will have to stay with me.

Slick, the council has heard of some of the things you have said about Huffmans, and has decided it may be best if you move up from your Shelbys slowly, we think maybe a Huffy Middleweight may be the best course.

and as for the Schwinn guys they usually only look at the colors anyway. there are so many Schwinns out there they collect them by color without respect to anything else.

my main gripe Dean is that you're in the middle of my Champion thread! plus this bike deserves it's own thread where we can discuss it ad nauseam, and I want a nice, well taken, full bike, centerfold type, pin-up of this one to hang on my wall.

You guys are funny - thanks for the kind words. More pics to be provided when the clean up is done. Oh, and I need a headlight!

Dayton ?

IMG_7843.jpg
I rode this today with CC riders hoping you would show up to see the badge I bought from you Scott. Hopefully you will come out the next time I can make it. I'm so new but hungry for more info. on this awesome rider of mine. Thanks for your lit., pics and fun attitude. Mark

Hi, I just got this double curved bar frame sent to me and it apparently is a Huffman

I was wondering if any of you might be able to tell what the year (and perhaps the model) is?

Serial number on the bottom bracket is H412995

2012-12-31_13-13-46_175-1.gif

Any help is appreciated - Thanks!

Hey Scott it looks like your Mainliner/Champion thread is turning into a generic Huffman thread! Maybe its time to get back on track. I know we discussed this on the phone but if anyone has a good pic of the chainguard on an original '40 Dayton Twin Flex I'd like to see it. As we discussed I'm inclined to think it had the "Dayton" decal above the "Twin Flex Cushioned" decal normally found on the downtube of earlier TFs. While we're at it I would like some good pics/dimensions of the chrome/stainless trim on the tank/guard. I would suspect that this is automotive in origin but I suppose it could have been proprietary due to the curvature of the tank. If anyone has a set of this trim available I am seriously interested. V/r Shawn

40 Twin Flex (2).JPG

Back