When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman "Death Bike" has changed hands

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
It's in such amazing original condition, that it looks to be n.o.s. with just a little wear due to its age.
Is there a story as to where it was found originally? Was it a prototype that never left the factory?
Did any of those bikes actually get produced, and if so, what happened to them after the recall?
Have any parts for them ever turned up?
Lots of questions, with very few answers.
I guess every hobby needs a few items that will forever remain cloaked in mystery.

Last edited:
Congrats Ed!!

Well, i hope it makes it to a few shows so all of us can see it in it's glory. It is definately a piece of history that should not be forgotten. It's like the Holy Grail of bikes if you will? 1 of 1 and it has been unearthed. WOW!!

It's like John Milners coupe to the Hot Rod world, the California Kid 34 Ford, the Bob Hirohata Mercury, ...... well,, you guys get the point.

I bought the "Death Bike"

I bought the "Death Bike". I feel a little guilty for going along with Catfish.I thought the Bike was very desirable and drove 20 hours to bring it home to Michigan. The Bicycle Museum made a couple offers on the Bike and would not step up to the plate even with all their money and give it the respect it deserved so I did. Mike

I bought the "Death Bike". I feel a little guilty for going along with Catfish.I thought the Bike was very desirable and drove 20 hours to bring it home to Michigan. The Bicycle Museum made a couple offers on the Bike and would not step up to the plate even with all their money and give it the respect it deserved so I did. Mike
that is great Mike, congratulations!

Congrats Mike! It would be a real treat for you to bring it to MLC/AA next year? In the mean time a short re-hash of the known history of the bike and some pics would tide us Huffman junkies over! Take care, Shawn

Here's the article from the 1998 CABE-

9tWVLSF-1.jpg

RxAhqk4-1.jpg

If gullible people live longer I guess I have a few more years ahead of me - Good for you, Mike!

Back