When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Death Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Welcome to the forum, Mark! Neat to have an actual relative of the Huffman family here, you really had the inside scoop! What I've read about it was that becuse the springs were independent, they made handling unpredictable, and could throw the rider! That was why the redesigned Twin Flex uses one spring per wheel.

Welcome to the forum Mark and thanks for shedding additional -- Insider -- light on the mysterious "Death Bike!" The "Other" company you refer to that Firestone turned to was Colson.

I saw the death bike

I met bill back in 1989 or 90.
Ask him and he will tell you i got him started collecting bikes.
He was always into a hobby and played with fixing everyday bikes.
We visited him one weekend and a friend bought an old bike that belonged to the owner of the compnay he worked for.
Anyways after a year or so he ended up buying it back.
At one time i remember seeing over 200 bikes in his possession.
The collection has dwindled down but hes still got a handful of rare ones and faves.
Took a ride out to see him yesterday and i got the privilage of seeing his bikes.
Awesome to say the least

the evinrude was also recalled- breaking forks

There are several in the hobby- dont be supprised if another death bike shows up. If I was the owner I would take 50k for sure. It is cool but just a matter of time till it is not the only one...

I remember when Bill brought the Death Bike to MLC/AA swaps. He had it sitting in a cargo trailer at MLC partially covered with a blanket. Bill was walking around so I asked his buddy, "how much for the Dayton?" he laughed and said that it wasn;t for sale. I didn;t realize at the time it was THE Death Bike due to the blanket. Later when he had it at the AA show I realized, and felt quite foolish about my previous inquiry.
I have talked with Bill several times over the phone since that meet. This was years ago mind you, but at the time, he said that he wanted to have photos taken of the bike in a Civil War era cemetary. How cool would that be?! Sure would like to have one of those photos.

Just an odd coincidence, my Dads name is Bill and he used to have a girls Dayton Twinflex. He also used to frequent the AA show.

what happened to MarkGHuffman. One post back in 09. I would love to talk to that guy!

Back