When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Firestone initials

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, but the difference between my attempt and Johns, was that I labored intensely to make just one, and John made a stack of them with relative ease.

John, your achievements are bordering on legendary. I'm with Ronald. I think the whole bike is within sight.

Anybody want a full tilt reproduction Dayton Super Streamline or Firestone Fleetwood Supreme, made better than Huffy ever dreamed? I think it's possible.

Marty, i think it would be possible to build a full repop of these huffmans with Johns talent and the know how of you and Scott on the team. We would be golden! Hardest part would be the tank and the crows beak guard right? John might take this as a challenge now and have both done by monday and looking killer might i add. Btw John, how about a picture of your fabricating shop. Oh and PLEASE squeeze in the Delta Frontloader bezels as your next project in a nice aluminum or stainless. And if you get bored, just go ahead and make the rest of the light out of aluminum as well. I'm sure 1 or 1,000 would sell INSTANTLY!!!! :D

You know, I mentioned to John that I wanted to see if I could build a passable Streamline without using any original Streamline parts. :rolleyes:
I made enough parts to build 5 frames. the problem as I see it is in the cast parts and some of the original parts needed as patterns, these parts are in extremely short supply. The fork crown and putter stems are going to be something outside of John's shop's area of expertise, it will have to be shopped out. it's all do-able but at what expense? how many would people buy if they cost as much or more than an original. the main thing I learned in making the frames was that it wasn't going to be any cheaper than a real one.
I think the main thing I would like to point out and honour is that, though he makes it look easy, this stuff does take a lot of time and know how to accomplish and I'm not sure people are appreciating it as much as it deserves, I know I do.

Question

First all the stuff each of you have fabricated is nothing short of amazing but one question that I have not seen asked or answered is this. Does anyone still own the copyrights and patents on these things. One or two small items might be overlooked but we are talking complete deluxe bikes here and many dollars. Just askin.

Bob.

this particular bike is 75 years old, any patents have long since expired. Schwinn's patent on the cantilever ran dry in the '50's and you know they held patents as long as was possible.

Shop pictures

Here are a few pictures of the shop

2012-10-20_07-57-32_338.jpg
2012-10-20_07-58-44_722.jpg
2012-10-20_08-03-15_765.jpg
2012-10-20_08-03-57_751.jpg
2012-10-20_08-09-12_229.jpg
2012-10-20_08-11-41_45.jpg
2012-10-20_08-12-04_279.jpg
2012-10-20_09-13-51_592.jpg

Any chance a Silver King pedestal light top in aluminum is coming down the pike?

Back