When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Folding Military Bicycle 1912(?)

-

Bicycle Museum of America

Finally riding a big boys bike
Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I have received an inquiry about a bicycle I don't think I've seen before, and was hoping that someone here has.

"It’s got a plaque that says “US Army, Huffman, MFG. CO., 1912”. The chain cover says “41st DIV 161st INF” (likely in reference to the 41st national guard division, 161st infantry regiment)."

Any insight or background would be great!

-Ryan

thumbnail_IMG_0040.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0042.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0041.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0035.jpeg

IMG_0043.jpeg

Good morning/afternoon/evening!

I have received an inquiry about a bicycle I don't think I've seen before, and was hoping that someone here has.

"It’s got a plaque that says “US Army, Huffman, MFG. CO., 1912”. The chain cover says “41st DIV 161st INF” (likely in reference to the 41st national guard division, 161st infantry regiment)."

Any insight or background would be great!

-Ryan

View attachment 1637493

View attachment 1637494

View attachment 1637495

View attachment 1637496

View attachment 1637497

View attachment 1637498

You might want to post this on the "Military Bikes" forum for a quicker response from the more knowledge folks there.

I think 70s, perhaps Japanese. I’m thinking this as I have a similar bike that’s blue and made in japan. No skip tooth drive so it’s not 1912, much, much newer.

Last edited:
The frame hinge, seat & handlebar clamp, kickstand mechanism and the layout of the frame match the Italian made folding bike I just gave away. It was from 1981 and was sold here in Canada as a Norco.

You might want to post this on the "Military Bikes" forum for a quicker response from the more knowledge folks there.

Sorry about that, I completely overlooked that board.

Obviously I'm still learning all of this, but I knew that it looked strange/unlike any other Huffman I'd seen so far. I appreciate all the answers, you guys are always very helpful. I'm going to have to start putting the CABE on the payroll!

Back