When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman G519

-
Hello All,

I was offered this Huffman G519 this week. I have always wanted a military bike but know absolutely nothing about them. It looks pretty complete but in pretty rough shape. From the photos the Chain ring looks bent. These are the only pictures I have . Can anybody give me a price for this in this condition? The seller is looking for $1,400. Thanks.

Fred
Sparta

View attachment 1129489

View attachment 1129490

View attachment 1129491

View attachment 1129492

View attachment 1129493
Fred,
Considering the prices being asked and paid for by voracious collectors in the hobby of military bicycles, you’re not going to loose anything should you part it out. The frame alone will return your investment, of this there is no doubt. I love it the way it stands now, but it would look amazing restored. Good luck.

Hi All,

With the confirmation of serial numbers, I can say that it is the latest known one from the first batch of Huffman G519 with the curved down tube. ie, the ones stamped 677.

I doubt very much this would go for parts, but, if there's any real danger of that, (or if you just want to sell it on) please contact me to discuss a possible purchase as a complete bike.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hello All,

I purchased the bike and will pick it up at the end of February. This will be a restoration and not parted out. I got into this hobby with the intent of getting a military bike. I planned on getting a pre war bike and painting it OD Green. A friend pointed out this forum and I read that the army actually had contracts for bikes. My OCD would never allow me to paint a pre-war after I knew about the contracts. I had given up hope after I saw the prices for complete bikes so I settled on building a couple of pre and post war Schwinns. THEN this bike came along!!!! This makes my day.

Thank you for all the information and input.

Fred
Sparta

Hello All,

I purchased the bike and will pick it up at the end of February. This will be a restoration and not parted out. I got into this hobby with the intent of getting a military bike. I planned on getting a pre war bike and painting it OD Green. A friend pointed out this forum and I read that the army actually had contracts for bikes. My OCD would never allow me to paint a pre-war after I knew about the contracts. I had given up hope after I saw the prices for complete bikes so I settled on building a couple of pre and post war Schwinns. THEN this bike came along!!!! This makes my day.

Fred
Sparta
Good choice Fred. You’ll be done and riding before you know it.
As you probably already know, this is the best site for accurate
restoration information. There is a wealth of knowledge here in
its membership. Take lots of photos of your progress. It gives the
rest of us ideas. Best of luck and have fun.

Hello All,

Fred
Sparta
Good choice Fred. You’ll be done and riding before you know it.
As you probably already know, this is the best site for accurate
restoration information. There is a wealth of knowledge here in
its membership. Take lots of photos of your progress. It gives the
rest of us ideas. Best of luck and have fun.
I can’t wait to see this bike come back to life. Thanks for allowing us to have a front row seat. John

Back