When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman G519

-
Hey ALL,

A guy named Paul Wright sent me questions and pictures of this same bike back in early April 2018. When I inquired about the missing serial number he informed me it was a 4 (D51874) and the fork code is 22 (Feb., 1942). AS I remember, I gave him an account of the missing parts and he also wanted to know the value. I inquired if he wanted to sell it ( I really was not interested as I already own 1942 Huffman #D50158 presently the earliest military model, I believe on Mercian's Huffman list) , but he never returned that inquiry and I never heard from him after that. I thought it was interesting that this bike had and original Persons military seat rather then the Mesinger sliding rail usually seen on these early bent tube Huffman's.

Regards,
Bill

Bill, my 1942 Huffman also originally came with a Persons military seat
Hey Johan,

If you will remember, I am the one that restored the PERSONS seat for your Huffman. I looked at the pictures of the restored seat in your 2014 post and that is my work. I also did the seat for your 1943 women's Columbia.

Regards,
Bill

Back