When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Oil can

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Nashman

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
My friend found this in an old gas station. Very unique. Not sure it's bicycle related, but figured someone might know about it. Thanks.

IMG_1972.JPG

IMG_1973.JPG

IMG_1974.JPG

IMG_1975.JPG

IMG_1976.JPG

IMG_1977.JPG

After the demise of Davis Sewing Machine Company, Huffman had about a ten year moratorium from the bicycle business, so they went into the oil and gas accessories until around 1933ish when they started making bicycles again.
The glass oil bottles with the Huffman bow tie logo embossed on them, are exceptionally cool.
Surprisingly, none of that stuff is very hard to find.
They must have made a ton of it.
I had heard, that Huffman was the company that invented the little piercing spout that we all used to puncture those card/paper quart cans of oil back in the day.
Who doesn’t remember the thrill, of pouring that first quart of oil in the jalopy you bought from the neighbor down the street?
Well, Huffman Mfg. was right there with you on that one. Lol!

Last edited:
After the demise of Davis Sewing Machine Company, Huffman had about a ten year moratorium from the bicycle business, so they went into the oil and gas accessories until around 1933ish when they started making bicycles again.
The glass oil bottles with the Huffman bow tie logo embossed on them, are exceptionally cool.
I had heard, that Huffman was the company that invented the little piercing spout that we all used to puncture those card/paper quart cans of oil back in the day.
Who doesn’t remember the thrill, of pouring that first quart of oil in the jalopy you bought from the neighbor down the street?
Yeah, I remember that spout. Neat memory. Thanks!

So those fill cans are pre 1933ish? As you say, not very rare, but neat the way the spout folds on this one. Thanks for the info. I'll tell my friend. He's more interested in the history, not value. He works for a demolition company, and wrecked lots of old places, ( some gas stations) found some cool stuff. He's sick about what he didn't save 20++ years ago!!

Back