When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Paint?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bentwoody66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Does anyone out here in cyber-land have a paint chip for the red color Huffman used in 1939? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Ken

color ?

ken, is the red you are looking for
the same as the stripes on
the dixie flyer ? i think that
a spot could be found on it...
to get a good scan @ the paint shop.
man, wish i was in fla. today !

I have the catalog, it may have a page on the color combinations but it will just be printed and not very representive of actual colors. the best way of getting an actual match is to take a piece of the bike to a paint store with a computer analyzer abd get it analyzed. you can usually get a bit of good paint inside the head tube, inside the bottom bracket, and on the steer tube of the fork. most of this is wasted effort since most people pick a color that is close and if anyone asks they contend it is as close as anyone elses bike is. I matched the color on my streamliner with a photo of an original paint bike. who knows how faded it was or how color correct the photo was. to me it is close enough and who has another one that I'm likely to run into? if I ever sell it they can find the exact color if it matters to them that much. my Firestone pilot I found an exact match in Wal-Mart spray cans. I painted it and used the original paint fenders it is that close.
Scott:cool:

the paint store can make you up spray cans
(atleast here they can). personaly ,
i wouldn't use spray can . you will get a
MUCH better paint job by doing it RIGHT .
depth,& durability . hey if it is WORTH doing,
shouldn't it be DONE RIGHT ? remember that
preparation it 99.99% of a paint job. the
PAINT is what shows it all.

Ammen to that.I paint for a living and will do a job for someone every once in a while that did there own prep work and have to spend a extra day of prep to make it right.

Ammen to that.I paint for a living and will do a job for someone every once in a while that did there own prep work and have to spend a extra day of prep to make it right.

the guy who shoots the paint is the one
to whom the nametag rest.

anywho.... i hope you can find the color
match you need ken. have fun .

I might be on the right track with International Harvester red:r: :confused:

is your bicycle that dark of red ?
i don't know without seeing it.
the stripes on the fenders here
are like 57 chevy, matador red .
isn't there a place in your area
w/a anilize'r scann'r ? (car quest)

Back