When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman serial number project

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Serial # 9H011927 does that make this a 1949?

9391692381_3a0b02f53c_h-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Can anyone please post a photo for the proper chain guard for the bike above? Is there anything else Huffman specific missing from the bike as far as you can tell?? Thanks in advance!

sorry I haven't answered sooner. '49 looks about right. as for 24" bikes I don't have much. the catalog doesn't have any good shots of the smaller bikes like most of the other catalogs do, this is it.

04_zps37e3b4e0-1.jpg

Thanks Scott. The bike is a 26" bike. I think the bent fork and screwy short stem are making it look smaller than it is. I'm going to try to fix the fork, find a guard and stem and make it into a rider. May even spray bomb it since the paint is pretty rough.

ok, I posted really quickly as I went out the door earlier. after taking another look at your bike I'm going to have to re-think it. in 1949 it should have the seat post clamp with the serial number stamped on it. at the same time I wouldn't expect it to have the 1" pitch sprockets and chain as a '59. in around '53 they went to the "Fit-Sooner" frame which doesn't have a seat post clamp at all. so now I need to ask a couple questions. how clear is the 9 at the beginning of the serial, and where is it located and are there any numbers stamped on the rear of the fork crown.

here is the 1949 seat post clamp:

P1030538_1_zps31151306-1.jpg

here's what a 1949 basically looks like:

P1030583_zps9cf21ee0-1.jpg

Last edited:
The serial # is located on the bottom bracket (although I didn't double check to see if there was any number on the seat clamp.)

10610360185_c672d96fcb_b-1.jpg

Riddle me this

Ok so what year is this one? Looks like there was some indecisiveness while assigning a serial number to this frame. Oh Yeah and what should that rear light look like? I thought it was just a typical defender light until I noticed that little piece of plastic remnant under the screw. And why is this tread in "bicycle restoration tips" anyway?

DSC09107_zps9106c51e-1.jpg

DSC09108_zps701b80d9-1.jpg

DSC09113_zps41d33df6-1.jpg

DSC09118_zps501236ba-1.jpg

DSC09121_zps0cba160f-1.jpg

DSC09126_zpsadd37875-1.jpg

DSC09132_zpsb8293ec5-1.jpg

Ok so what year is this one? Looks like there was some indecisiveness while assigning a serial number to this frame. Oh Yeah and what should that rear light look like? I thought it was just a typical defender light until I noticed that little piece of plastic remnant under the screw. And why is this tread in "bicycle restoration tips" anyway?

DSC09108_zps701b80d9-1.jpg

based on the features of the frame, and fork, I'm going to say somewhere around 1942, maybe a bit later. the rear light isn't a factory piece so I'm not sure. it would be cool to figure out and see though.
and this is rightly in the restoration section because figuring out the year is more about figuring out what you have and getting the right parts for it than it is about bikes in general (also back when it was started there were less options than now, a few sections have been added. I've tried to talk Scott and Dave into adding a serial and identification section with no real success) :rolleyes:

Back