When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman serial number project

-
I didn't say I knew everything and it's still a Schwinn chain wheel.

@stezell , I definitely did not mean to offend or say "youre wrong" or be a know it all here or anything like that. You are absolutely right that police departments did this, stamping numbers in all sorts of places, and Huffman's short excursion to the seat post clamp is downright weird and not widely known. I only know about it because I have read all 35+ pages of this thread (not recently) and almost everything if not everything the CABE has to offer about Huffman serial numbers. All the best.

@stezell , I definitely did not mean to offend or say "youre wrong" or be a know it all here or anything like that. You are absolutely right that police departments did this, stamping numbers in all sorts of places, and Huffman's short excursion to the seat post clamp is downright weird and not widely known. I only know about it because I have read all 35+ pages of this thread (not recently) and almost everything if not everything the CABE has to offer about Huffman serial numbers. All the best.
Oh you didn't bloo, I was just throwing in my 2 cents. I just get offended if nobody talks to me, lol!
Sean

My friends' Huffman roadster I built up for him years ago...Frame/fork were the only things together, he has the springer seat and kickstand for it. No headbadge holes visible.
1660792219176.jpeg

1660792438174.jpeg

Year estimate?

Last edited:
Hi @SKPC

As a rough estimate, late 1940, early 1941. Built for Belknap Hardware Company.

Here is the closest I have listed to it in SN, a little before: https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/huffman-year-and-model.155469/

Photo 5 shows a date coding seen on the reverse of the fork crown. This will give you a more accurate dating, since the bike can't have been built before the fork was made.

If you do find this number, please would you tell us here, since it helps build the database.

Best Regrards,

Adrian

Thanks guys! Here you go Shawn, very important request... Fortunately, I have the kickstand hardware that was removed from the welded plate in a box in Utah somewhere. I need to get it back on the bike for sure.

1660845582402.jpeg

1660865014492.jpeg

1660865067454.jpeg

Last edited:
Back