When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman serial number project

-
I believe this to be a Huffman, not sure of model, but I think it is 1945.

Hi, This post is going to be for keeping track of the serial numbers of Huffman made bicycles. I will try to keep up with editing this post and updating the list. Hopefully this will help develop a basis for dating these bikes where none has existed before.The second post will have the list please feel free to post your numbers and a photo if you can or e-mail them to me and I will add them to the list. check back often and feel free to copy this information.
Please don't mis-use it or I'll hunt you down and
fiets870gif-1.jpg

1939cover2.jpg

1939Huffmaninner.jpg

Scott:cool:
Not quite the vintage of the ones listed so far, but I recently acquired this single-speed Huffy (Huffman Bicycle, Dayton, Ohio on the headbadge). It was left in the garage of a house we recently purchased in northern Michigan. I do not know much about these bikes, but looks like it would be mid-1970's or so. The serial number on the headtube is HC0576271. The bike is in pretty good shape, except for a bent rear wheel and missing kickstand. Any information is appreciated. I find the research on these serial numbers to be fascinating! Thanks for any information.

IMG_9784.JPG

I recently acquired this single-speed Huffy…. looks like it would be mid-1970's or so…. The serial number on the head tube is HC0576271…. Any information is appreciated.
Nice bike, (looks to have competed with the Raleigh and A&S-built ‘campus green’ bikes).

Additional date-place-model codes might be stamped elsewhere on the frame, such as the bottom bracket crank hanger.

Welcome to the CABE

Last edited:
Nice bike, nicer springer forks.

Seen some 1949-50 Huffmans with the serial numbers on the clamps; (e.g., 9H…, 0H…).

Perhaps CWC and Snyder couldn’t keep-up, supplying M. Wards with the demand for the post-war springers(?).

Last edited:
Back