When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman serial number project

-
I just bought a Huffman with a badge that says SHOOTING STAR. The serial # is H019511. I've not seen a Huffman SHOOTING STAR but I am a newby. Have you? It's not prewar but I think it is before 1950. What is it missing? What is it worth? Thanks.
Huffman Shooting Star.jpg
Shooting Star front end.jpg
Shooting Star Badge.jpg

it's a 1950, and it's worth about what you paid for it. I watched it on ebay the several times it went through. super cool badge, pretty common bike. based on the frame I would have guessed 47, but if it truly is H0 then it's a 50.

it's a 1950, and it's worth about what you paid for it. I watched it on ebay the several times it went through. super cool badge, pretty common bike. based on the frame I would have guessed 47, but if it truly is H0 then it's a 50.

On closer inspection it appears that there is a 7 in front of the H. Does the 7 in front of the H have any significance?

Last edited:
@37fleetwood

When did Huffman switch their serial number location from the bottom bracket to the rear dropout? I've got a weird one. 1960(?) Dayton Speedster. The serial number is on the bottom bracket, but it doesn't resemble any previous numbers I've seen at all.

Back