When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Streamliner questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I am having a hard time editing my post. I hope this works.

4427840053_8ac6f561c9-1.jpg

Last edited:
ok, to start you on, your pedals and seat are incorrect. it should have Torrington pedals and the Tornado Spring seat.
so far everything indicates 1937 Model D-1. looks like you have a really nice start. can't wait for better photos. sign up and post them on the Streamliner thread at my site also once you get some taken and I'll get working on compiling the data for the Streamliner story

Ok.( sorry for all the posts)....that was way harder than it should've been. The pedals are the repop Persons supremes I bought from ebay....I have original Torringtons, and the saddle is Messinger with the scroll writing..which I bought for another bike which I wound up selling. The forks on the ground are also off a plain Dayton motor bike from around the same time...the only difference is that the truss support bars protrude horizontally rather than vertically? I held them up to the other forks and they're almost identical, and was thinking of using them because the bracket for the silver rays attaches better. I'll send close ups when I get home.

I am surpised no one has brought this up, but the name of the Huffman bikes are Safety or Super Streamline, not Streamliners. Small difference, but technically correct. Firestone's were not marketed as Streamline's, or were they? I am not sure on this point, Scott S, what you say?

Last edited:
You are correct, they were marketed under Safety-Streamline and Super-Streamline, or Streamlines when referring to more than one. Also to correct some other sloppiness, this one should be correctly identified as a Dayton Model D-1T the "T" being for Tank Equipped. They used one letter after the model to denote such things as "T" for Tank equipped, and "E" for electrically Equipped.
The Firestones were marketed as Fleetwood Supreme. Firestone had three tiers of bicycles, the top being the Supreme (whether it was a Streamline or not) the middle being the Standard and the bottom being the Sentinel. In 1938 there were 2 Supremes, the top one having the new "Twin-Flex Cushioning" and the second one being the Streamline called "The New Supreme" and looking in the catalog like a 1937 Dayton with a Firestone paint scheme.
Sorry, sometimes I get sloppy and anything could be the result. but this I believe is correct.

I LOVE the fact that someone added the delta rowdy horn between the silver rays! The little accessories people added to their bikes really give them character...

Back