When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffman Super Streamlines

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
At the risk of being flogged for a double post I couldn't let this thread go without adding my bike. V/r Shawn

restored7.JPG

restored9.JPG

Restored4.JPG

Restored3.jpg

restored13.jpg

restored10.jpg

restored11.JPG

restored6.JPG

Scott started this thread off with saying there are about 10 known '37 tank model Super Streamlines and 2-3 '38s. Here is what we know so far--Updated 14 June 2013:

1. Shawn Sweeney--Dayton--National blue/black/yellow pins--restored

2. Ex-Berg--Dayton--Irridiscent blue/red/white pins also has stainless fenders and chrome tank claimed original--I don't think so--would like to know who owns it now.

3. Ronalds--National--Irridiscent blue/red/cream pins--restored

4. Ex-Simpson (now in museum)--Dayton--Green/black/yellow pins--restored

5. Marc Poberejsky--Dayton?--Red/black/white pins--restored

6. Scott McCaskey--Dayton--Irridiscent blue/black/white pins--restored

7. John Atkinson--badge?--under going resto (have you chose colors yet?)

8. Copake 2004 Lot 24--Dayton--restored--appears to be either real dark navy blue or black/red/white pins--sold for $2200 (what a bargain!). I would like to know where this bike is now.

9. Mike Spangler?--Dayton?--Red/black/white? pins

10. Anonymous Black and White with Red pins partially original paint (current location unknown)

1. silver and red from a bad polaroid, may be one of the others before a restore? (current location unknown)
2. Light Blue and Red with Cream pins (was Larkin Littles, current location unknown)
3. Marty Colver's Black and White with Red pins original paint
4. Bill Triplett's Light Blue and Red with Cream pins (not sure if this is not the Larkin Little bike with minor changes)

So that's the ones we know of. If you know of any sitting out there in a collection that I have not listed please share. Thanks, Shawn

Last edited:
I have photos of 13 Model 1 types. 9 1937's and 4 1938's
this is not counting mine. I didn't add mine because it is a known not-original frame. it is more than likely at least a few of the others started life as a mens regular frame and has had the rear end added.
So if you want to count them all I have a count of 14 Model 1's between both years original and otherwise.

I have:
John Simpson's Green and Black with Yellow pins. (currently owned by a small museum)
Jerry Bergs Blue-Green and Red with Cream pins aluminum fenders (current location unknown)
Copake bike Blue-Green and Red with Cream pins (current location unknown)
Anonymous Black and White with Red pins partially original paint (current location unknown)
John Atkinson's ready for paint
Shawn Sweeney's National Blue and Black with cream pins
Ronald Vijsma's Light Blue and Red with cream pins (may have changed hands?)
Anonymous Light Blue and Black with cream pins
Marc's red and Black with Cream pins
my soon to be cream and National Blue with red pins (known non-original frame)

silver and red from a bad polaroid, may be one of the others before a restore? (current location unknown)
Light Blue and Red with Cream pins (was Larkin Littles, current location unknown)
Marty Colver's Black and White with Red pins original paint
Bill Triplett's Light Blue and Red with Cream pins (not sure if this is not the Larkin Little bike with minor changes)

Last edited:
I know of one more but I guess it wouldn't be right for me to say whose it is or was without asking.

What I can say is it's national blue with red and has a painted mesh guard although it does have a dayton badge and it looks restored but I don't know for sure.

You can either add that to your list or not but it exists.

I suppose it's confusing because having a Dayton badge you would expect a chrome mesh guard. It doesn't have a putter or leaf sprung tornado saddle either.

Last edited:
I know of one more but I guess it wouldn't be right for me to say whose it is or was without asking.

What I can say is it's national blue with red and has a painted mesh guard although it does have a dayton badge and it looks restored but I don't know for sure.

I suppose it's confusing because having a Dayton badge you would expect a chrome mesh guard. It doesn't have a putter or leaf sprung tornado saddle either.

I think we may be talking about one already counted. I have it as a metallic bluish green color. National Blue is a solid, non metallic color.
is this it? this is the one Shawn mentions as having sold at Copake. this photo is the same bike from Trexlertown in '08. it seems to be a poorly researched restore with several wrong parts etc.

trexlertown08streamliner_zps3f0dd322-1.jpg

I think we may be talking about one already counted. I have it as a metallic bluish green color. National Blue is a solid, non metallic color.
is this it? this is the one Shawn mentions as having sold at Copake. this photo is the same bike from Trexlertown in '08. it seems to be a poorly researched restore with several wrong parts etc.

trexlertown08streamliner_zps3f0dd322-1.jpg

It's remarkably similar to that however the blue is flat - as you say - and the saddle and stem are different - the one thing that makes me think it may be the same bike is the guard. I will have to look again.

edit: ok I have looked - I think it is the same bike but it has different parts on it though. However it has the same funny fork dart with extended pin and the blue looks different but that may be just the photograph so I'll guess its the same bike many years later with different parts on it. The guard is the same and thats enough to make it almost certain I guess. How many painted guards like that are there on SS bikes. They are usually on regular frame models from what I have seen on the internet.

Last edited:

Yep that appears to be the Copake bike. Do you know the current owner? A lot wrong with that one. V/r Shawn

I know Mike Spangler had a red/black and am trying to confirm whether he still has it or not. That would make an even 10 for the '37s. V/r Shawn

Back