eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
These ads go away when you register for an account!

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Is kickstand welded or bolt on? Looks '40 to me and I'm guessing welded stand. V/r Shawn

Reactions: Beads

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
Jul 14, 2009
Evans, GA
Rob here is the style guard you are looking for and yes it will be two tone. You will find many similar guards but the correct guard for a '40 will have an adjustable front frame mount. This style guard was used from '40 until about '47 or so I believe but only the '40 has the adjustble bracket. The others will work but just not technically correct. Your best bet is to find a '40 guard and patina match it. Regarding the light--here is a pic of a girls '40 with non-lit rack tank. Notice the light is painted the main color. Good luck with your project. V/r Shawn

Nate 40 - Copy.jpg

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0416 - Copy.JPG

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Dec 28, 2012
Ol' st. Lou
Rob here is the style guard you are looking for and yes it will be two tone. You will find many similar guards but the correct guard for a '40 will have an adjustable front frame mount. This style guard was used from '40 until about '47 or so I believe but only the '40 has the adjustble bracket. The others will work but just not technically correct. Your best bet is to find a '40 guard and patina match it. Regarding the light--here is a pic of a girls '40 with non-lit rack tank. Notice the light is painted the main color. Good luck with your project. V/r Shawn

Nate 40 - Copy.jpg

DSC_0288.JPG

DSC_0416 - Copy.JPG
Great info, I sure appreciate it!!

This ad goes away when you register for an account!

Brutuskend

I live for the CABE
Apr 3, 2011
Eugene / Springfield Oregon
bueaty

I would have thought Colson
But then I still have a LOT to learn.
Paint scheam is very reminiscent of a Shelby as well. Great looking old lady you got there!

Reactions: rollfaster

rollfaster

Dec 28, 2012
Ol' st. Lou
Not to sound stupid, but is this a repair or some sort of locking device? Doesn’t have a cylinder on the fork.

78EEC2AD-F500-4B42-953D-D7C75601677A.jpeg

rollfaster

Dec 28, 2012
Ol' st. Lou
This is an internal fork stop to keep those pesky truss rods from creasing the tank. V/r Shawn
Thanks a bunch Shawn, didn’t realize that. Too bad other manufacturers didn’t to that.

This ad goes away when you register for an account!