When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy 1981 Breaking Away 10 speed movie/series tie in. New in box!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
I just could not resist this. It looks like in 1981 Huffy had a promotion to go with the bicycle movie Breaking Away. Seems like they were tying it more to the series. This was poor luck since due to a writers strike only 7 episodes were made starring Shaun Cassidy the teen heartthrob. I can't find a pic of another one but nobody saved these department store bikes (well 1 person did) I'm sure. Would love to find more info about this whole thing and the story on this bike. Wonder why it was never built. Bike is a Positron. Now ready to find a Sports Tourer in the box!

004 (Medium).JPG

016 (Medium).JPG

003 (Medium).JPG

017 (Medium).JPG

010 (Medium).JPG

014.JPG

019 (Medium).JPG

Well, it is a promotional bicycle based on the short-lived TV show. There is the value.

Don't really care that much about what it is worth. Seems odd that Huffy would have tied a bike to a niche TV series. How long did they sell them after the series tanked? Anyone have any early 80's Huffy catalogs? Were these in them? I know that there are many bikes tied to movies/TV now but how about back then? I just think there has to be a interesting back story to these.

002 (3).JPG

There is a Huffman/Huffy family member here on the Cabe and I for the life of me cannot remember his user ID. He would most likely be the only one that can answer any questions.

Back