Huffy 1995 Metaloid

This ad disappears when logged in

schwinnbikebobb

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Jan 8, 2011
Central Ohio
Picked this one up a while back. Lots of no information on these "rare" "not rare" "300 made" "lots made" "took 130 aluminum cans to make" so don't really know any of that but a fun looker.

004.JPG

partsguy

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Aug 13, 2008
The Land of Oz
Of all the 90's bikes, this one seems to have the most rumors surrounding it. I do not know what is truth.

sam

I live for the CABE
May 24, 2006
San Antonio, United States
For a while I saw a lot of those frames at the flea market then they all went away-- found one in perfect condition on CL for $20 so I got it. Just an interesting kinda of bike.

partsguy

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
Aug 13, 2008
The Land of Oz
The only bit of info I know to be true is how costly this must have been to build. That frame is definitely NOT standard issue.

Raistliniltsiar

On Training Wheels
Jul 11, 2017
Milwaukee, United States
I had this exact bike when I was a kid.

Wait a minute... I crashed it when I was a kid, knocking off the front reflector and bending the bracket for it in such a way that, if you turned the handlebars all the way around, it would scrape an arc into the aluminum behind it. I can see that your bike is the same way.

Uh. Either that was a VERY common occurrence, or... where did you say you bought this bike from?

BICYCLE HEAVEN

Finally riding a big boys bike
Aug 25, 2014
Pittsburgh, United States
Kool bike i think with a history like no other,,i think rare but not worth all that much right now but i think later will bring much more.I have 3 in the bike Museum one with mag wheels ,,i was told they made some that way,,,I paid 300 for a very nice one and paid 50.00 for one i found at a flee market

Pokey76

On Training Wheels
Dec 19, 2017
Nashville TN, United States
I just listed my Huffy metaloid on eBay if anyone is interested in owning one.

IMG_20171218_132701.jpg

Duchess

Finally riding a big boys bike
Feb 14, 2014
Beverly, MA
Yeah, that makes sense as the chain stay is bolted on, but would have to move in a different arc, not allowing movement unless there's some way for the chain stays to pull away from the bottom bracket, like on a spring . . . though it would make more sense then that the round cover would hide a damper. That would have been way too expensive.

Pokey76

On Training Wheels
Dec 19, 2017
Nashville TN, United States
Yeah, that makes sense as the chain stay is bolted on, but would have to move in a different arc, not allowing movement unless there's some way for the chain stays to pull away from the bottom bracket, like on a spring . . . though it would make more sense then that the round cover would hide a damper. That would have been way too expensive.
That would have been cool though! Lol

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture