When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy 1995 Metaloid

-

schwinnbikebobb

I live for the CABE
Picked this one up a while back. Lots of no information on these "rare" "not rare" "300 made" "lots made" "took 130 aluminum cans to make" so don't really know any of that but a fun looker.

004.JPG

Of all the 90's bikes, this one seems to have the most rumors surrounding it. I do not know what is truth.

For a while I saw a lot of those frames at the flea market then they all went away-- found one in perfect condition on CL for $20 so I got it. Just an interesting kinda of bike.

The only bit of info I know to be true is how costly this must have been to build. That frame is definitely NOT standard issue.

I had this exact bike when I was a kid.

Wait a minute... I crashed it when I was a kid, knocking off the front reflector and bending the bracket for it in such a way that, if you turned the handlebars all the way around, it would scrape an arc into the aluminum behind it. I can see that your bike is the same way.

Uh. Either that was a VERY common occurrence, or... where did you say you bought this bike from?

Kool bike i think with a history like no other,,i think rare but not worth all that much right now but i think later will bring much more.I have 3 in the bike Museum one with mag wheels ,,i was told they made some that way,,,I paid 300 for a very nice one and paid 50.00 for one i found at a flee market

Back