When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Chopper Help Please..anyone?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikesnbuses

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Bought this in a lot of bikes..Any thoughts on year/model guys?I havent had much luck finding it..The guy I got it from said he heard it was one of the recalled "dangerous" chopper bikes.. Thank you guys!!! Jeff
20150928_092414.jpg

I believe this to be one of the Murray Kat bikes from the late 70's

This is a very rare Murray chopper from the late 1970's. It's been a while since I've seen one posted here!

There is a member who collects these Kat bikes. MJW300 is his name on ratrods. He could tell you about this bike.

Hi - This is MJW300 (on Ratrods). I do collect the Murray Fire Cats, etc. but this is a Huffy which I would guess came out around the same time as the 1977-79 Murray choppers. I have not seen one like that before, sorry that I can't be of more help on this one.

Hi - This is MJW300 (on Ratrods). I do collect the Murray Fire Cats, etc. but this is a Huffy which I would guess came out around the same time as the 1977-79 Murray choppers. I have not seen one like that before, sorry that I can't be of more help on this one.
Ok cool!Thanks for checking in on it!!I really appreciate when someone gives any info in the threads!
Havent seen one before??Looks like the value just went up!!:p:D:p:D:p:D LOL...Thanks guys!Jeff

Ok cool!Thanks for checking in on it!!I really appreciate when someone gives any info in the threads!
Havent seen one before??Looks like the value just went up!!:p:D:p:D:p:D LOL...Thanks guys!Jeff

This may sound crazy, but call Huffy's customer service line. They have a database of all the serial numbers ever built. Call them and give them the number on the rear dropout AND the number on the head tube. The head tube number starts with "HC". They can tell you the model year, sometimes where it was built. They might give you the model name too. It's worked for me in a pinch!

Back