When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Good Vibration Serial Number Help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Numbers on the drop out or bottom bracket will tell the year. There will be two sets of 5 digit numbers, one will start out with A, C, or P and the other just 5 numbers. The ending number of the 5 digit strings will usually match, and give you the year. The non-prefixed 5 digit number string is the catalog number. Catalog numbers end with the model year. I've found this to be correct for all '80 to later '80's Huffy bikes. For instance, I have a 1980 and 1982 Pro 2 in yellow/blue. The '80 numbers are C81150 and 23820. The model number is 23820. My '82 has A80672 and 23722. Again, 23722 is the model number in the catalog. Continuing, my My black/yellow '82 ST Racing has C80112 and 83862, red/black '83 Pro 2 has C80833 and X3723, a BMX 38 frame I have has C80711 and 20381. My '84 Pro Lightning has C80764 and 33944. Making sense???

So my bike is just a bit of an anomaly. The frame stampings just don't fit the formulas. I think that I might just call it a '92 due to the stamping on the stem and from what @Archie Sturmer said. I guess the first string does end in a 2 as well.

classic Huffy look, they may not be worth anything, but they are fun to ride.

I bought my Good Vibrations new, in the summer of 1978. It's been stolen, and it always finds it's way home.

not much stock on mine though.

'80's formula does not apply obviously. I have a '99 Santa Fe that starts out with 99 in the serial on the bottom bracket. I believe this was near the beginning of the Chinese era.

I cut the foam from the center section of the handlebars and found the beautiful chrome underneath. Might have to clean it up a bit but it's kind of my beater bike and not a high priority. Glad to have it though.

Back