When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Good Vibration Serial Number Help

-

speeddemon

Look Ma, No Hands!
I came across a Huffy Good Vibration bike in great condtion.

So I have some questions to ask, typically what are these bikes worth?

What year is this bike? This was ther serial number that was given to me.

HC4836508

Thanks

These still sell new for a little over $100. Not collectible. I'd throw it up on CL for $35 and be done. V/r Shawn

With an "HC" serial number, this tells me the bike is built between the late 1970s to the mid 1990s. Good Vibrations were basic middle weight bicycles that Huffy built starting in the early 80s to compete with the Murray Monterey. Re-badged versions were sold at Western Auto as the Western Flyer Grand Trophy, and maybe at Sears too. The Good Vibrations was discontinued years ago but its still not considered a collectible and it will be a long time before they are considered as such. This bike was made in the USA by Huffy with American-made parts. You don't get that today ina store, you get over-priced, glorified chinese GARBAGE. My advice? The Good Vibrations cruiser of the 80s have a classic look thats not cheesy and overdone like the repops today. I say ride the heck out of it, it will last you longer than some wally-world Mongoose.

The Huffy's I've seen have 2 numbers on them. One on the head tube and one on the the bottom bracket. The HC number is probably from the head tube. Is that the one you use to determine the year or do you use the other one?

I came across a Huffy Good Vibration bike in great condtion.

So I have some questions to ask, typically what are these bikes worth?

What year is this bike? This was ther serial number that was given to me.

HC4836508

Thanks

I just spoke to Huffy Customer Service. If the bike has an HC number on the head tube, that's the number you need to look at to determine the age.

Your frame was made in April of 1983 and it was the 6508th bike made that year.

I've wondered about the year of this bike since I bought it. I just thought it might of been mid eighties. Serial # HC7618654 doesn't fit the formula in previous post.

'83.... 2013...... Pretty close :rolleyes:
I was hoping that there was an easy formula or serial number chart for these later Huffy's and considering the page views of this thread maybe there were others interested in this.
I couldn't say no to mine at $25 plus tires/tubes. My girlfriend's son loves riding it and it gets a lot of comments. Smooth roller.

Back