When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Jackalope

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MTGeorge

Finally riding a big boys bike
Here is something I put together using all (except the Wald bars) early-mid 70's Huffy parts.

The Jackalope

Jackalopevan002_zps9781cc93-1.jpg

Jackalopevan003_zps462d2e8d-1.jpg

Jackalopevan005_zpsf4295091-1.jpg

Jackalopevan007_zps22f505c0-1.jpg

What a fun little bike. If I saw that at a swap, I would have guessed it was a production bicycle.

Looks like a fun little bike, I used to have an old van like that, 64-66 Chevy.

What a fun little bike. If I saw that at a swap, I would have guessed it was a production bicycle.

Thanks for the compliments guys. The whole idea for calling this bike The Jackalope was in hopes that someone might see it and think it came from the Huffy factory, or at least "wonder if it is real". Kind of an inside joke for myself. When people look at it I insist that it is real, just very rare and elusive.

Here is something I put together using all (except the Wald bars) early-mid 70's Huffy parts.

The Jackalope

Jackalopevan007_zps22f505c0-1.jpg

How did you do that chain guard? Decal, stencil, label, hand painting....it is an intricate design and so well done I can see why people think it was factory done. For some reason, the lettering reminds me of the Beatles Yellow Submarine album.

How did you do that chain guard? Decal, stencil, label, hand painting....it is an intricate design and so well done I can see why people think it was factory done. For some reason, the lettering reminds me of the Beatles Yellow Submarine album.

The chain guard and fender stripes are vinyl decals. The stripes on the fenders were easy to design but a pain to get straight on a compound curve. It took several attempts to get them right. The chain guard was easy to apply but the design took a little time. The "Lope" is a tribute to deer crossing signs and the John Deere logo. I used a google-font called Bellbottom in an effort to emulate the lettering that was on there before I had it powder coated.
JaCKALOPEMockup013_zps18012a0b-1.jpg

Huffy made so many of these "themed" muscle bikes they are impossible to keep track of. My hope was that The Jackalope would fit right in.

Looks great! Bookmark this thread, 25 years from now this bike will come up. All the Huffy Gurus will be stumped!

Back