When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy, my first "real" bike.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tuxguy66

Look Ma, No Hands!
I had a Huffy Wheeler Dealer as my first "real" bike. Black banana seat, red and chrome. Loved that bike. We would build a ramp in the street and come tearing downhill around the corner, hit it and get air. Magical. We'd also go mudding off road in the local Metro-park on any deer trail we could find. Rode it to the beach. Down to the river. Into the river. Ten miles to go go-carting on some of the busiest roads around. Woo, what my parents didn't know. My search and desire to recapture that bike is what led me to the Cabe. I found photos someone had posted nine years earlier, told him if was interested in selling, I was interested in buying, no answer except for another Caber pointing out that the post was as old as it was.

20200613_163754.jpg
20200502_091132.jpg

The first shot is from when the bike was approximately new. 1974ish.
Third is the other Caber's photo.
The fourth is from 1990 or so, the day it was sold in a garage sale. Wish I never let it go. The fact that I had it for so long was because I did not want to let it go. Just signed paperwork today to list my dad's house for sale, so feeling very sentimental and misty eyed.

Love the Story!
Welcome to the CABE
For Sure, a bike like that, is in a CABEr's collection...
You can switch "misty eyes" for "tears of Joy".
Place a "Wanted ad" with pics.
Let us know the outcome please.
My mom sold "Our house" in HB 2020 after 52+ years; so i understand a lil'
1639394975435.png

I had a Huffy Wheeler Dealer as my first "real" bike. Black banana seat, red and chrome. Loved that bike. We would build a ramp in the street and come tearing downhill around the corner, hit it and get air. Magical. We'd also go mudding off road in the local Metro-park on any deer trail we could find. Rode it to the beach. Down to the river. Into the river. Ten miles to go go-carting on some of the busiest roads around. Woo, what my parents didn't know. My search and desire to recapture that bike is what led me to the Cabe. I found photos someone had posted nine years earlier, told him if was interested in selling, I was interested in buying, no answer except for another Caber pointing out that the post was as old as it was.View attachment 1526487
View attachment 1526506View attachment 1526510View attachment 1526488
The fourth is from 1990 or so, the day it was sold in a garage sale. Wish I never let it go. The fact that I had it for so long was because I did not want to let it go. Just signed paperwork today to list my dad's house for sale, so feeling very sentimental and misty eyed.
I feel for ya, Lost mom in January. She and dad bought our home 60+ years ago. I had to part with a few things I have zero room for so we could sell it on. I did find a couple of cool things I didn't know mom kept, including a receipt for my first car in '76. That's a cool bike. Best wishes to you.

Wow! Thank you for the extra set of eyes.
NP. In '71, my grandfather bought me a coppertone Sting-ray. Single speed with coaster-brake. Fun times with friends, that bike took me everywhere. Stolen out of our shed, I started search for it 46yrs after.

I can relate to these stories...... a couple of years back I started thinking about my 77 Murray Fire Cat, loved that bike. I got it brand new in 77 and when we moved out of our family house in 84, my mother gave it to the guy who was moving in to our old house for his son because he helped us move out. I recently contacted the kid, grown man now, he remembered the bike well, but didn't remember what happened to it. I'm thinking maybe it got stolen??? I went through all the overgrown trails and paths in the old neighborhood just hoping to see a wheel sticking up in the woods or something.......no luck, but wouldn't that have been s story!!👍

Good luck in your search!

I had a Huffy Wheeler Dealer as my first "real" bike. Black banana seat, red and chrome. Loved that bike. We would build a ramp in the street and come tearing downhill around the corner, hit it and get air. Magical. We'd also go mudding off road in the local Metro-park on any deer trail we could find. Rode it to the beach. Down to the river. Into the river. Ten miles to go go-carting on some of the busiest roads around. Woo, what my parents didn't know. My search and desire to recapture that bike is what led me to the Cabe. I found photos someone had posted nine years earlier, told him if was interested in selling, I was interested in buying, no answer except for another Caber pointing out that the post was as old as it was.View attachment 1526487
View attachment 1526506View attachment 1526510View attachment 1526488
This doesn't have anything to do with my early ride, but shows just how long I've been into bikes.

There’s a vintage group on Facebook that might be of some use.

My mother and I are finally about don’t with my grandparent’s estate, I completely understand your emotions. 40 years of joy in a home, so quickly erased for another family to have a clean slate.

Back