When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Question

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

OldRider

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I finally saw my first vintage balloon cruiser today and have a chance to buy it. As near as I can tell its a mid 50's Huffy Dial A Ride, the one with the big knob over the front springs to tighten or loosen according to your liking.Not in too too bad shape, just a lot of surface rust and blown tires. I know Huffy's are not top notch bikes from what I read here, so is 400 dollars too much for a bike like this? I'd like an idea of what I really should be paying, thanks so much.I found this picture at www.oldroads.com, its very similar to the one I have a chance at.

Attachments

• Dial-a-Ride.jpg
    Dial-a-Ride.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 61
It sounds pricey if it's fairly rusty, or if it's missing any important parts like the tank. Still, a stylish and somewhat rare bike. I've heard the dial a ride, like most bike gimmicks, isn't as functional as it appears. I'd think 250-300 would be more realistic, but that's just this ol' bike maniac's opinion!:D

without seeing any pictures I would say 200-250 is reasonable. My first balloon is a schwinn b6. I paid way above market price but i bought based on emotion. I still love the bike but lesson learned and I found out over the years that similar bikes always pop up once in a while. I can guarantee that with summer coming to an end and the high price of the bike it will be available for a while.
What I found is that sometimes these guys don't realise the proper price for them and you can have conversation with the seller bring it down to a reasonable price.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. I thought 400 was a tad steep too and the fella would not budge. He sold it this afternoon for the full amount,( not to me) it looked like it was all there but will need alot of TLC.

There are still deals out there. Even on ebay, I see bikes ending with no bids, and think 'that's a pretty good deal for that'. It may be a good thing that I don't have the extra $ every time a deal comes along!!:D

Back