When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Radio Bike estimated value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jonswan

Look Ma, No Hands!
Long story short, I am helping someone sell some old bicycles and looking for recent sales of a Huffy Radio Bike to estimate its value before we list it. Ebay has not had any sold in the last 90 days to use as a comparable. Estimates? Recent auction sales or private sales? Any information based on recent sales is appreciated, thank you.

I was in this shed just for a minute to see the Huffy, a 1950's Panther, Phantom, and and earlier truss rod cantilever frame and tank Schwinn. I'm buying the Panther and helping sell the rest and should be able to pull them all out this weekend to get the serial numbers, determine condition, and take better images. Stay tuned.

DSCF2003.jpg

I’d be curious to see the blue bike.

Radio bike will probably fetch a nice chunk. Do some homework and list them here on the cabe. It will save you some money in fees. Where are you located at?

Nice finds! The Radiobike could be worth more than anything there with the Schwinn Phantom in a close second. But here’s some factors to consider.

The Radiobike was made between 1955-58, with a total of 8,500 total production. Model years don’t matter a whole lot on value, but the optional 2-speed bikes are worth more. Green also tends be valuable and blue is the Holy Grail, not enough history to appraise a blue one.

Overall, your bike is in good condition. The tank alone is worth about $1,500 - $2,000.

Your bike is a 1957-58 model. Rather rare. Your bike has great paint, and very little rust. There’s a few things that will definitely hurt the value though.

1) Your wheels have been swapped. Go look at my photo gallery and you will see the catalog with this bike. The factory rims are long gone.

2) Headlight is not original, and correct ones are expensive and hard to come by.

3) Original battery cover is gone, but accurate repops are on eBay. The tuning knob is gone and that is not reproduced. I have blueprints made to get quotes but unfortunately have no time.

I would estimate this bike, in an auction, would bring about $1,800 - $3,000.

Thanks all, I will learn more this weekend when I can actually pull these bikes out of the shed. The Panther and Phantom are fairly complete but both have had bad spray paint touch ups with lots of overspray, poor pin stripping, decal repaint, and their chrome fenders have been spray painted silver, ugh.

The seller tracked me down because he saw me riding one of my Phantoms near his house. Fortunate for both of us. He mentioned he as at least 50 original books, manuals, and catalogues he would like to sell too. I'll keep you posted.

The bikes are in Winona, MN 55987.

Last edited:
Thanks all, I will learn more this weekend when I can actually pull these bikes out of the shed. The Panther and Phantom are fairly complete but both have had bad spray paint touch ups with lots of overspray, poor pin stripping, decal repaint, and their chrome fenders have been spray painted silver, ugh.

The seller tracked me down because he saw me riding one of my Phantoms near his house. Fortunate for both of us. He mentioned he as at least 50 original books, manuals, and catalogues he would like to sell too. I'll keep you posted.

The bikes are in Winona, MN 55987.

Hit me up. I am after a 1956 and 1957 Huffy catalog.

Back