When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Radio Bike estimated value?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
1955 model, first year. Those rims are definitely swapped.

This bike has very nice original paint. You can replace or replace chrome, nickel, and zinc, but you can’t replace paint!!

I think the value I posted earlier could be a little on the high side, but in an auction setting, expect around $1,400 - $2,000.

Closer to $3k if it had at least the power pak and tuner knob.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=183935813326+
tuner knob
radio.jpg

How do I power up the radio with a missing battery pack? What is the power supply? D cell batteries or? Thanks.

That cover for the battery pack is someone's folk art attempt at metal forming.....
Partsguy can probably tell you the specifics, but the original batteries are a combination of obsolete sizes and voltages so be very careful trying to power it up.

How do I power up the radio with a missing battery pack? What is the power supply? D cell batteries or? Thanks.

For this question, I joined a couple of antique radio forums.

They use an “AB” battery pack. Unfortunately for you, you’re missing the factory male plug. So, you’ll probably have to fashion a hard wired battery.

This bike took about 93 volts of power. x9 9v batteries in a series, which power the capacitors and actual radio components, then 3 volts from x2 D-Cell batteries. I’ll try to get some photos of my set up, I’m off sick today.

Be careful not to shock yourself!

Last edited:
I have a couple of threads in the Restoration Tips and the Project Rides forums about my technical info and my progress rebuilding my own bikes.

Also, I would see about cleaning all of that rust from the inside of the tank, probably would impede a good ground.

Take the tank completely apart, knobs, radio chassis, everything. Scrape off the old schematic and clean under that too. Pull it apart and clean that rust or it definitely will not work.

Put a wax on it. DON’T clear coat, I learned the hard way that clear coat acts as an insulator. I sell reproductions of the wire schematic so you could replace that easily after you’re finished.

Back