When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Radio Bike estimated value?

-
Yeah, original condition is King.
Especially if your plan is to resell the bike.
Nobody buying that model really cares if the AM Radio is working.
It’s more of a novelty than anything else.
You’ll turn it on so that some low fidelity sound comes out, just to prove to onlookers that it works, but that’s really about it.
I’d just try to replace the cosmetic pieces that are missing, and call it good.
Especially if resale is the ultimate goal,
Any scraping ie EFing with it that you do, will just devalue it to a potential buyer.
Besides, there are plenty of Bluetooth type options if you just want it to look the part, but play a wide array of music.
That’s just my 2cents, on it, and I know, that’s not worth much.

Personally I'd leave the original paper label alone. This is not going to affect the ground and a repo label on a fairly original bike just don't look right to me. V/r Shawn

It’s not the label that will affect the ground, it’s the rust under and around it. The radio chassis is grounded to the tank and brackets.

Yeah, original condition is King.
Especially if your plan is to resell the bike.
Nobody buying that model really cares if the AM Radio is working.
It’s more of a novelty than anything else.
You’ll turn it on so that some low fidelity sound comes out, just to prove to onlookers that it works, but that’s really about it.
I’d just try to replace the cosmetic pieces that are missing, and call it good.
Especially if resale is the ultimate goal,
Any scraping ie EFing with it that you do, will just devalue it to a potential buyer.
Besides, there are plenty of Bluetooth type options if you just want it to look the part, but play a wide array of music.
That’s just my 2cents, on it, and I know, that’s not worth much.

I agree to a point. The bike is still valuable as it sits, but if the radio can be made and proven to work, why wouldn’t that increase the value?

It will increase the value but how much? If it increases the value $500 for example but cost $1000 to fix it is that a good deal? Roger

These radios are very simple to work on, and most of the components were industry standard parts. The tubes are easily obtainable, even as NOS, and cheap. Capacitors and resistors, if needed. The only part for the radios that is truly a YSI and Huffy part is the antenna assembly. If you’re missing that, then don’t bother trying to repair if resale is the goal.

I tried to remake the antenna itself but was unsuccessful, but I was able to make the bracket and housing assembly.

The antenna housing doesn’t look original but as long as the actual antenna itself is intact inside, that is the key.

Anyway, GLWS!

Back