When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy Radio Bike

-
Tha
See post number 62 in this link for building the battery pack. This is not posted, but I created a plastic case for all of the batteries, with a lid, and soldered all the connections. I created the case for a neat look, and for safety so the wires don't arc on the rack.

https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/1955-blue-radiobike-restoration.109510/page-4
Thanks so much! I just dropped off the radio at Sacramento Radio expo. The old man who repairs everything was excited to work on it, and had never seen one before. He said it'd be less than a hundred to fix it, plus whatever battery pack i come up with. I'm hopeful It will be working soon!

Tha

Thanks so much! I just dropped off the radio at Sacramento Radio expo. The old man who repairs everything was excited to work on it, and had never seen one before. He said it'd be less than a hundred to fix it, plus whatever battery pack i come up with. I'm hopeful It will be working soon!

My radio guy never even heard of one.

Just ordered all of my supplies to make the battery pack from amazon. now on to make the power pak cover. Could anyone give me the outside measurements of the battery cover? I found the measurements of the old A/B batteries, but I'd like to know cover dimensions so I can Make as close to correct as i can.

Welp, I got a bit ansy and fabbed up a battery cover. I took a guess at 2.5" tall. I'll change the height later if I need to. Here's a few pics of the power pak cover process. I'm thinking of making a few to sell once I get correct dimensions.

20180209_162252.jpg

20180209_163123.jpg

20180209_164259.jpg

20180209_165257.jpg

20180209_165832.jpg

20180209_165851.jpg

Last edited:
Back