When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huffy RADIOBIKE on eBay! Low starting bids!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Pedals and light may or may not be correct, depending on the year. I think this is a ‘56 or ‘57 personally.

I saw a scene in "Back to Future 2" where for a few seconds I could see a red Radiobike inside the garage with Doc Brown.
The following scene he rides a bicycle which I have never seen or heard
before.
I was wondering if the Radiobikes are "Middleweight"?
Thanks.

Yes that was a radio bike in that movie.

Yes they are middle weights @2jakes

In your opinion, would a Radiobike that has missing parts but
nevertheless the correct parts have been located and applied,
still have a good value if it was to be sold? Thanks.

Yeah if your able to find the correct parts. But then again, finding those correct parts are kind of hard to find.

Believe it or not. I know a few cabe members who have a blue radio bike and I would consider that the most exspensive one. They made more red than the green and blue.

I would say 75% red, 15% green and 10% blue.

I had the red & green one. I tried to buy Scott’s blue one but he wouldn’t sell it. I even offered $5k for it, which is kind of low due to what I sold mine for. So I’m guessing an original blue radio bike could go for 7k to 9k.

But then that’s where everyone says, it’s worth what someone is wanting to pay for it.

Attached is Scott’s blue radio bike.

@2jakes

1A3CBCB0-93C7-48AA-82B4-E11726FECCD6.jpeg

Yeah if your able to find the correct parts. But then again, finding those correct parts are kind of hard to find.

Believe it or not. I know a few cabe members who have a blue radio bike and I would consider that the most exspensive one. They made more red than the green and blue.

I had the red & green one. I tried to buy Scott’s blue one but he wouldn’t sell it. I even offered $5k for it, which is kind of low due to what I sold mine for. So I’m guessing an original blue radio bike could go for 7k to 9k.

But then that’s where everyone says, it’s worth what someone is wanting to pay for it.

@2jakes

View attachment 897384

Looking at posts from about 2010 or so,
can't say exactly what years, but the going
price for a top Radiobike was $3K. Way less
if parts were missing.
These were comments made at the time and
may not have reflected a real monetary figure.
But as you pointed out, much depends on
what someone is willing to pay for it.

I saw a scene in "Back to Future 2" where for a few seconds I could see a red Radiobike inside the garage with Doc Brown.
The following scene he rides a bicycle which I have never seen or heard
before.
I was wondering if the Radiobikes are "Middleweight"?
Thanks.

Yup, they are considered a middleweight. But, very heavy.

In your opinion, would a Radiobike that has missing parts but
nevertheless the correct parts have been located and applied,
still have a good value if it was to be sold? Thanks.

Most Radiobike parts can be had from deluxe Customliners or other period Huffmans / Daytons. But, missing radio parts definitely are hard to find. I only remake a few of the parts. If the radio is missing entirely, expect to get no more than $1000 and that is if the paint is mint.

In addition to my tank related parts, there is a gentleman that remakes the original battery covers.

@2jakes

View attachment 897384

For what it’s worth, I think I paid $1300 or so for mine. But it was a complete basket case. Lots of incorrect hardware, spray bombed and rusty rims, the two speed was gone, radio inoperative, and some of the radio parts were gone.

Complete, and functional, who knows what it’s worth. I am guessing Scott’s is worth $8,500-$11,000. It’s dead mint, save the incorrect seat and bars. There is another just as nice at an Indianapolis automobile museum. Mine could fetch $5,500-$7,000, I think. Trouble is, we have no record of complete, fully functioning blue Radiobikes being sold.

Last edited:
Yup, they are considered a middleweight. But, very heavy.

That sounds like an oymoron !
Just kidding....;)

Would the size of the tire classify it as a middleweight?

I'm a little under the weather and enjoying the
Cabe and this topic in bed!

Back