When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

huffy silver jet - looking for info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

randallace

Finally riding a big boys bike
hello- first post here , new member , im randall in columbus ohio ---

i'm looking for info on my newly acquired huffy silver jet

ok got this baby off craigslist - says huffy silver jet - looking for info on this model- year? old adds, dealer info, help me identify whats missing ,tracking down parts, service tips, ect.....any help greatly appreciated

. pics :

Picture224_zps0bce11a4-1.jpg

Picture225_zpsa5ee7215-1.jpg

Picture226_zpsa1c6020c-1.jpg

Picture227_zpsaa3f9ac0-1.jpg

Picture229_zps3f8e4f51-1.jpg

Picture230_zpsa16dba21-1.jpg

Picture231_zpsd5e3ce37-1.jpg

Picture233_zps99a1dacb-1.jpg

started the cleanup today - 6 cold hours of scrubbing and cleaning ......pics worth a thousand words right ?

Picture228_zps60277008-1.jpg

serial number - can anyone help with a date ? 26x1.75 tires
Picture247_zps3170aaa2-1.jpg

-up on the rack - not really designed for this style bike - fought me all day
Picture258_zpsffa90cc0-1.jpg

Picture260_zpsd9d85a04-1.jpg

lookin a little better -
c0391fdd42d0480586547a6f2b228d1c_zpsa369-2.jpg

Picture264_zpsd80cdc5fjpgt1382384966-1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and ..........................wait for it ..................

post clean-up - this was a rough clean - still gonna doisassemble and do a deeper clean , was just trying to get that crust off her

Picture272_zps497510b9-1.jpg

Picture276_zps5521e6e9-1.jpg

Picture277_zps27d91eae-1.jpg

Picture278_zps87c42d0d-1.jpg

- comments ? questions ? advice? any helpful info on a date ? ect????

some before shots , a pics worth a thousand words right ?

Picture228_zps60277008-1.jpg

Picture235_zpse58e2447-1.jpg

Picture237_zpsb154b7f2-1.jpg

Picture243_zps13096e2d-1.jpg

- comments ? questions ? advice? any helpful info on a date ? ect????

It is a mid 1960's model, originally had a tank with a built in light that protruded out past the head tube. Hopefully someone can decode the SN for you to nail down the exact year. Great job on the clean up.

Welcome to the CABE!!!!!!!!!

Nice deluxe model randle. The number before the H on the serial is the year 196?.
Would have had a dual switched horn / headlight toggle switched dashboard.
Look at my galleries your bike is there. With all the missing parts.
Also there is an album there for the men's model.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys - any helpful nudges in the direction of the missing parts would be greatly appreciated - also looking for production info . Period adds , ect for display purposes

clsssicfan1, he's the resident guru on these Huffys.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

6H is a 1966 model year of your bike.
here is a few pictures of mine including a perfect condition girls Silver Jet (has been sold) but, the rear rack and dash panel on this example is what your in need of as well as the mens tank (beware the girls tanklight assy is not interchangeable with the boys model frame) Then there is the ever illusive undamaged front fender ornament. With the intact tail fin...which is always broke off.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The girls rear rack...same as the boys, these are interchangeable...good luck on finding this rear lens...I and a couple others need this item to complete our bikes.

attachment.php

the girls tank dash board, should be interchangeable or fit the boys tank but, notice the extreme angle difference on the girls tank bezel that will not fit the boys tank and headtube.

attachment.php

I hope that helps.

love the crash bar on the seat - would like to add that to mine

so my tailight housing is suppose to be chrome , an not painted red then ???.....

- i have a buddy that does plexiglass work he said he may be able to re-create the red rocket fins

Last edited:
the rear taillight plastic chromed lamination is supposed to be chrome. I even think there was a golden hue on some. classicfan1 would be best to ask on that. As for the airplane or jet ornament red plexiglass tailfin, I think there was a time classicfan1 was trying to reproduce these.
The troxel seats with the crash rail is an add, I have seen them equipped with both.
But the twotone red/white is what was equipped on these Huffys. And in my opinion a very comfortable spring seat. If I had my way I would have these style pleated seats on all my middleweights.

Back