When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

huffy silver jet - looking for info

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
didnt end up with donor bike - wanted too much for it ......... still lookinf to find out what that seat post decal looked like so i can track down a repro ?? hopefully?

- have a possible line on a front fender jet and tank-lite lense - waiting to hear back

I saw your reply on RRB about that rough '64 Eldorado I got in a couple weeks ago. I'm sorry but I'll picking that rusty thing apart for myself. I'll be gutting the tank, the fender ornament, kickstand, maybe the bearings. Oh and maybe the guts out of the rear hub. I don't need the rear fender though so I can send you some pics of that.

Whats going to be hard for you is find that switch plate. You can find the part other Huffy Silver Jets AND the 1964-1966/67 Monark Silver King. The switches themselves can be made at home. All you need is two standard tank light switches. Take one of them apart and simply add the switch and terminals to the other. The horn switch is the exact same switch as the one for the light. The only difference is that one of the terminals is turned over.

got tank today - and seller said he will be listing the other parts in the next week

Yep, I still have a very nice Girl's Silver Jet frame in great shape that I am planning to list on Ebay. Just trying to figure out what the shipping cost will be.

Last edited:
Yep, I still have a very nice Girl's Silver Jet frame in great shape that I am planning to list on Ebay. Just trying to figure out what the shipping cost will be.

motorama55, you're still keeping the complete Silver Jet you got from me last year?
I do recall you had an extra girls frame back then, hopefully that is what you're going to be listing.
I know that one I got you was in amazing condition...hope you are still keeping that one.
I recently just started a partout of the extra boys Silver Jet I have.

Well this parting just makes mine all the more rare LOL!

You guys should be able to sell the frames FAST on RRB.

im back after a long absence , and will be back on this project soon - ive planned some addittions to the jet and some more restoration work

got this for myself - huffy millenial 29'er

** the walmart assembly guys - i must say - did a TERRIBLE job ON THE ASSEMBLY - both head tube bearings dammaged,( empty spots in the bearing ring, and ring bent from improper asembly) no grease , crank bearings same - never agian do i ever want an assembled bike from walmart - walmart said " oh well " and hung up on me
004_zpsdfbd24b7-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back